47

His growl was deep and angry.
"No. . ." I whisper shakily. The Other Guy stood tall, hacking in the disappearing cloud of gas. What was left of Dad's shirt was around his left bicep, and he tore it off like it was nothing. Dad jeans were torn at the pant legs and stretched to fit The Other Guy's body.
      The army men began dragging me across the grass until we were a yard away from where I fell. There, Jax, Levi, and Dalia stood in fear and awe. Dalia focused more on me as the men pulled me up onto my feet. Once they loosened their grip I ran to Dalia and grabbed her shoulders.
      "I have to get out there! I have to help him!" I cry, shaking her. Before Dalia could say a word someone else responded.
      "You're not going anywhere until you tell me who the hell you are!" A booming voice demanded. I jumped and pulled Dalia in a hug. The source of the voice came from behind me and belonged to a tall, old man. He had pale skin, white hair in a military cut, wearing a camouflage suit without the protective vest and equipment. The name tag on the right side of his chest read 'GENERAL.'
      The General looked away from me for a moment to yell into his walkie-talkie.
      "Omega team, get your asses out there!" He turns back to me, rage in his eyes and teeth tightly grit. "Who the hell are you and what in God's green Earth were you doing out there?"
      "You wouldn't understand!" I exclaim. "I can help calm him down if you left me back out there!"
      "No one's going out there unless under my command and wearing this outfit," he pulls on the collar of his camouflage.
      The sound of bullets firing catch my attention, and I turn to see bullets ricocheting off The Other Guy's skin. He's irritated by it, and roars to let the military men know. They don't stop firing.
      "Dalia, I have to tell him!" I shout, pulling on her arm.
      "No!" Dalia retorts.
      "I don't want them to hurt Dad next!"
      "Kerry!" Jax calls out, approaching Dalia's right side. "Why did you do that? —Especially with that thing out there?"
      "That's a freaking monster dude!" Levi exclaims as he approaches. "Freak's going to kill us if he isn't under control!"
      I furrow my brows and yell, "He's not a freak Levi!"
      "Why do you care?" The General asks, his old white eyebrows digging deep into his eyes. Before I could answer, a Jeep from yards away jumps out onto the field. I see something odd about what was on its roof, but when the Jeep took a hard stop, the object on top of the roof went flying towards The Other Guy. It was a missile. The Other Guy got hit hard and fell to the ground.
      "STOP!" I screech, taking a step out onto the field. The two army men who had dragged me off the field grabbed me, holding me back. "Stop! Please! You're hurting him!"
      "We can't hurt that monster, it's impossible!" The General spat.
      Many soldiers were knelt between trees and bushes firing guns and shooting at The Other Guy. I watched the Other Guy get up, holding a scrap piece of the missile and launching it towards the soldiers. It was a fairly large piece, but luckily no one I saw was hurt.
      "You don't understand! Call off backup! Make them stop firing! Please! Just stop!" I cry as the army men tighten their grip.
      Another Jeep launched into the scene, and this time it had a machine gun bolted to the roof with a man behind it firing bullet after bullet. It was hitting The Other Guy repeatedly in the arm, to which eventually the bullets started hitting his green cheek. The Jeep drove closer to The Other Guy, and they got so close that The Other Guy lifted his foot up high and stomped on the hood. This made the Jeep tilt forward, and the man behind the machine gun fell off, scrambling away as fast as he could. The Other Guy grabbed the front of the Jeep, lifting it up off the ground and throwing it back the way it came. I gasped as it rolled multiple times in the grass, leaving big holes and dents in the Earth.
      A third Jeep came from the other side of the park, this one also had a machine gun, but this time The Other Guy launched himself at it. I watched army men from inside the Jeep fly out of it before The Other Guy landed on the hood. The army men scrambled away just as the Other Guy tore the Jeep in half. One army man was slower to get up and run away. He was on his back, aiming his rifle at the Other Guy. The Other Guy thrusted one half of the Jeep on the ground, meaning to hit the soldier. He missed and did this again as the soldier kept scooting back. As the soldier got up, I watched the Other Guy raise one half of the Jeep like a shield.
      "NO!" I cry, but it was too late. The soldier went flying across the field, and landed rolling in the grass. The soldiers holding me back had strong grips.
      "Please, sir! Let him be!"
      "Why should I listen to you?" he demanded. "Why should a monster be let free?"
      I was breathing heavily, tired of this back and forth nonsense while The Other Guy was being harmed and harassed.
      "That's my dad you're killing!" I screech.
      Suddenly, the soldiers let go of my arms, and they back away slowly. I glare at the General, who only stares back at me.
      "What?" I hear Levi ask. "That's Bruce?" I turn to see Levi looking out into the field, amazed and confused. Jax looks down at me, then out to The Other Guy, and back to me. I saw fear in his eyes, and somehow I could sense betrayal in his expression.
      That's when I run away from all of them, running as fast as I can and never looking back. Not even as Dalia calls out my name.
      Even though I was running as fast as I can, The Other Guy still looked like he was miles away from me. The further I got the farther he looked. I was trying to control everything in me: my breathing, my emotions, my fears—it was too much. I widen my eyes when I see the Other Guy pick up a Jeep and slam it on another.
      "NO!" I scream. "STOP!" He couldn't hear me over the sound of him slamming the Jeep repeatedly. They'll see him as a monster now, we'll never be safe after today. Dad will never be the same.
      Something was changing in me. The pain in my thighs disappeared, my chest didn't hurt so much and I felt faster. The Other Guy wasn't too far away now, only a yard or so apart. I felt powerful, invincible—incredible. Something felt different, but this wasn't a time to think about it. I had to save Dad and the Other Guy, I had to make the General see that they weren't bad guys.
      Suddenly, a sharp object hit me in the left side of my ribs. My chest vibrated violently as I was sent flying across the ground. The object that hit me was small and hot, like a small piece of coal burning in a fire. The interesting part was that there was no pain.

************************************************************************************************************

Holy moly that's a lot of words
This looks so much nicer edited!!