48

I felt a surge of power shoot through me. My body wasn't pierced from the bullet. I found the small gold shell on a patch of grass next to me, it's body horribly crumpled and broken. What was happening to me? I push myself up off the ground and take off running as fast as I was a few seconds ago. All of my muscles felt like I just ended a work out; I feel stronger.
The Other Guy roared at a group of soldiers running on foot to attack him, but with his two torn Jeep shields he tried smashing them into the ground. With the other piece of Jeep, he hurls it at two soldiers behind him, shooting at his back.
"NO!" I called out to him. "STOP!" He couldn't hear me; I was still too far away. Just as I was beginning to hustle faster, I felt something small hit my right arm. It didn't hurt, it was like a vibration. I almost toppled over my feet. When looking in the direction the bullet came from, I saw a soldier behind a large rock, his head peeking over the top. He had a look of fear in his eyes, but it turned to confusion once he realized that I was okay.
I glare at him and took a running start. The soldier fumbled with his gun, and for some reason decided that shooting me again was a great solution to his problem. To his dismay, the bullets didn't take me down; they ricochet off my body and unfortunately leaving small holes in my t-shirt. The bullets felt like a million people poking me, but there was absolutely no pain. I'm invincible. Once I approached the rock the soldier stopped shooting and tried to get up and run away. I jumped over the rock and tackled him to the ground.
Standing over him, I grabbed him by his bullet proof vest, shaking him.
"Please!" he cries, "Don't hurt me!"
"Tell then to stop firing!" I yell in his red sweaty face.
"I can't—"
"DO IT!"
"I swear to God I can't!" He sobbed.
A new sound filled the air. I turned around to see The Other Guy clapping the door pieces of the Jeep together, growling and roaring for the fight to continue.
"NO!" I shout. Suddenly, a bullet hits me from the right on my hip, from a soldier hiding out in a bush. Growling, I throw the soldier in my grip down to the ground and run back towards the Other Guy. No one can hurt me, I'm indestructible.
Someone yells and soon the bullets end fire. I'm free to run to The Other Guy without being hit by bullet after bullet. Sweat runs into my eyes as tears fall from them. The Other Guy throws the Jeep pieces yards away in anger as he lets out a magnificent roar. His back his to me, and though I start feeling breathless I make sure he knows I'm here.
"What are you doing?" I wheeze. The Other Guy turns around, his green eyes narrowing into mine. "Where's Dad? Where's my dad?" The Other Guy huffs at me, his teeth gritting.
"Please, I need to know he's in there, I'm trying to save you two," I huff. The Other Guy turns his body around to look down at me. "If we leave now, nobody will bother you anymore," I assured him. "It's my job that you don't hurt anyone—" He growls. "What? Is this what you want?" I ask, "Look around! People are terrified of you!" I watch as his green eyes look around the park.
In a matter of seconds I see his brows furrow, and I could've sworn I saw his eyes change to brown. Out of nowhere he hits himself, and his eyes change back to green.
"They're going to think you're a monster!" I cry. The Other Guy growls, squatting like an ape and pressing his knuckles into the ground. "This is not the time to pout, okay? We need to go!" I reach for his gigantic green bicep. "Come on—" He thrusted his arm and sent my flying to the ground. I looked up at him, shielding my eyes from the shining sun. Grey clouds started creeping up from behind the sun.
      The Other Guy huffs, glaring intensely at me. I stand up from the ground, angry as well.
      "Switch back to Dad!" The Other Guy growls and shakes his head. "Please!" I sob, "I need my dad!" The Other Guy grits his teeth, pounding the ground with his massive fists again.
      "I'm trying to save all of us! I'm trying to save you!" I tell him. "They shooting at you because they're scared, they think you're a threat," He looks around at all the military men and jeeps circling the park. "All the people in the park think you're a threat, but me," He looks down with me, green eyes to green eyes. "I—"
      A faint scream was coming from behind the Other Guy, and bullets hit his big green back muscles. He tenses up and turns around, his brows digging deep and his teeth bared and grit. I watched his fists curl tightly, and his feet change stature. The soldier got closer with his gun, firing bullet after bullet. I screamed a word but I wasn't sure which one. Maybe it was "No!" or "Don't!" but whatever it was didn't stop The Other Guy from kicking the soldier in the chest with his green gigantic foot, hurling him across the park until his rag doll body hit a tree.
      I screamed and covered my mouth. My knees felt weak and I was shaking harder than a leaf. The Other Guy turns around to me, but he doesn't look my way. Instead, he faces the soldiers and Jeeps and roars. Turning around I noticed that all the soldiers, jeeps, and park-goers were gone. The whole park looked deserted.
      That's when the sound of a helicopter flew in. I looked behind the Other Guy in the sky to see a helicopter coming in fast. It looked weird, it's sides had something attached to the outside. That's when I saw the guns poke out, and start firing across the green grass nonstop. The closer the helicopter got, the closer the bullets were, and closer we were to death.
      I started running but I knew I'd never make it. It was only two steps before the Other Guy pulled me by the back of my collar, engulfing me in a tight hug. I hear the bullets hit his back as it flies over us. The Other Guy lets me go, and when I look up at him, I see the familiar brown eyes of my father. I sigh in relief with a smile, my arms opening wide.
      "Dad—" that's when the side edge of the Jeep's hood slams into my left hip, sending me flying across the grass.
      I was blacking out slowly, watching my world get fuzzy. There was no pain but I was hot, stressed to the max, and probably dehydrated. I saw Dad grab the Jeep, then I blacked out. Then I opened my eyes and saw the Jeep flying through the air. I blacked out again. The helicopter that had shot Dad flew around again, but the Jeep smashed into it mid-flight in the air before it could fire again. I blacked out, but when opening my eyes for the last time I saw two green arms shielding me from the fiery explosion. Finally, everything goes black.

*************

      "KERRY!" Jax cried as he was being held back by the soldiers. Fire was rising up from the ground.
      "Oh my god. . .oh my God—OH MY GOD!" Levi cried in shock. The boys were staring at the place where Kerry had once stood, which was now engulfed in flames.
      "Where's Dalia?!" Jax asked the General. When he didn't reply, Jax looked around frantically. The General was watching the fire, his eyes staring at the burning field.
      "DALIA!" Jax shouted.
      "Holy shit!" Levi grabbed Jax by the shoulder. "Look!"
      In the Fire was a shadow, a very large one of someone with a big stature. Its back was turned towards the whole crowd of everyone being held back by the Army. Then it turned around. There stood the Hulk, his eyes as angry as his expression. As insane as it was to see a creature just like the Hulk, Jax was more focused, more horrified by what the monster was holding in his hands.
      In the Hulk's hands was Kerry. Even though she was far away Jax could see the dirt on her pale face, the bullet holes in her t-shirt, and small pieces of grass in her long stringy brown hair.
      The Hulk looked over at the General, his theory bared as he growled. His brown eyes glaring hard. It was Bruce Banner now in control, and if he could he'd give the General a piece of his mind. Or smash the General's to bits.
      With that, the Hulk turned around into the flames and disappeared.

****************************************************************************************************************

Inspired by the movie at that last part! Thought it was so sad when Betty was laying in his hands, so I thought it'd be sad here and damn it hurt for me