63

He fell off the platform....Dad fell off the platform, on purpose.
The hand that he held last I could still feel him. His gentle touch, his warm, soft touch.
I'm afraid I'll never get to feel that feeling again.
I was back in the helicopter sitting down next to Jax, and next to him was Levi. It was just an hour or so maybe since Dad fell away from me, and I wasn't holding up good. I was leaned into Jax, and he had his arm around me. He'd been whispering calming things to lower my heart rate, and stop the tears.
Some soldiers and....Grandpa....(bleh)...have been watching the screens to the front of the helicopter, while the soldiers watched screens at the back left of the helicopter.

"Sir," an army man by the name I've heard of Malcolm said, "you should see this." Grandpa-er, General, came over to him. I looked up to see General and Malcolm, who was pointing to a screen at the back right of the helicopter. General stood up a bit, but still kept a hunch, probably surprise.
"Who is that?" General asked.

"I don't know sir,"

"Well find out."

"Yes sir." Malcolm said. I could tell he was blurring the image by what the screen looked like. I was hoping General wouldn't come near me. But as if everyone can read my mind, he comes and sits across from me. He studied me, I didn't want to make eye contact with him, so I looked down at the ground, hoping he wasn't about to talk. But then he said,
"You look so much like your mother,"
My.....mom?
My head shot up at him. "My mom?" I said. He nodded. There was a pause and hesitation between us. "Do you know where she is..." I asked.
He was about to speak when Malcolm said,
"Sir! You really need to see this!" I heard fear in his voice. General got up and so did I, Jax and Levi followed. I stood behind Malcolm who was in his chair. General was to my right and the boys were at my left. Malcolm pulled the picture up.

"Holy-!"

"GAHHH!"

"Oh my Hannibal Lecter..." I said. The picture was a girl, no older than me, blonde matted curly hair that was just under her jawline, her eyes had black markings under them, probably from less sleep, and she wore what looked like a hospital gown with army boots, and to top it all off, she had a muzzle.

"Who the hell is that?!" General asked.
"I don't know, we could try to find a match," Malcolm said, already typing away at the keyboard in front of him.
"She's like Silence of the Lambs in real life!" Levi cried. Jax and I looked at him, but, none of us spoke. This girl did look scary, like she had rose back up from the dead.
In less than a second, we heard the computer make a technical noise, which means Malcolm has found a match.

"Sir..." He says unsteadily, he looks at General, "her names Morgan Blonsky..." General's eyes widen.
Blonsky....
"You mean she's-"
"She's the Abomination's daughter." Jax says in disbelief.
"Yep, fourteen, and....Gamma radiated." Malcolm says, but I barely listen.
Abomination's daughter? As in that reptile thing that Dad could possibly be fighting now? Why doesn't she look reptilish too? And, if she's my age, then who could fight her? She's still purposely a kid, like me, and even though I'm indestructible I could still get a few scars. So, who's going to fight this chick? I mean, could I? Could I save Harlem? No, I can't, I'm only 14.
But, as my instincts tell me, I know what to do.

"Open the back door," I say out of the blue. General looks at me.
"What did you-?"
"Open the back door," I repeated, this time looking at him. He shook his head. "No, I'm not letting a child go out there-especially one of my daughter's." He said.
"No, Grandpa I have to!" I cried.

"It's General, and I'm not letting you!"

"What would Bruce do if it was me? You would let him out wouldn't you? Or-Or if it was my mom, you would let him go out!" I said, it felt weird calling Dad by his first name, but I needed to get the point straight.

"Plus, it's a girl my age, I can make her understand," I said. I don't know what exactly to make her understand, but General looks at me. He looked at me, he looked at me long and good.
"You want, to enter death just to help?" General asked. I stared back at him.
"Yes." I said. He paused.
"Open the back door," he said. He walked away and I walked towards the back door, slowly. "Kerry," Jax says, alarmed. He stood next to me as I stopped. "Kerry, you're really not going to do this, right?"
Oh, I'm going to alright.
I took off my beanie, clutched it, turned to give it to Jax. He seemed surprised, but he held it.

General opened the hatch for me,

Q: What am I doing?
A: Something crazy.
Q: What for?
A: Everyone.

The wind was blowing furiously again as the platform was out in front of me. The stars stayed perfectly still in the deep dark night. My heart pounded so hard I thought it would burst out of my chest. I leaned my head out a bit, the wind was blowing against my face. I took a step, and slowly walked out. My heart now was racing, I could feel the sensation start to expand my muscles a bit, just to make them stronger, it wasn't reaching my eyes yet, but I could feel it.
I was almost out on the whole platform, I saw the city lights, they look like they're crawling over the platform. I'm almost at the edge, when someone takes my hand.

"Kerry wait!" Jax cried, the propellers made his voice a bit faint.
I turned around to him, his brown hair blowing in the wind, fear across his face, and worry in his eyes.
"Jax, anything you say won't change my mind, I have to do this!" I yelled over the propellers and the forcing winds.
"I know," he said, "but what happens if you die? What do I tell your dad?"
I hadn't thought about that. What if I do die? And Dad is wondering where I am? And when they break the news that I'm dead.....Dad would die, of a broken heart, he'd be mad at me for not staying up in here, promising him. But I promised him that I wouldn't run away anymore.
I looked into Jax's brown eyes. They had much more fear in them then worry. Because of it, it took me a second to respond.
"Tell my dad, 'You, me, forever dude.'" I said. I could tell Jax was confused, but he nodded. We just stood there, staring into each other's eyes, filled with several emotions.

"Get in here boy!" General cried. Jax turned and looked at General.
I then did the most cheesiest thing ever. If I was to die, then I'd make sure Jax got one last thing from me. I pulled Jax's collar, pressed my lips against his. His lips felt soft to mine.
Everything was perfect just for a minute. Everything felt right for a minute. Everything was about to fall into place.
Then, Jax was about to wraps his arms around me. But I couldn't stay, instead of like mother like daughter, I was like father like daughter...er....
But as I took my lips away from Jax, I fell away from him. I spread my arms out as I fell off the platform.

I was free falling on my back. The wind was rushing against my back, my lungs weren't filling up with air, so I flipped over. The wind rushing at my eardrums, making a loud noise, my clothes flapped against my body.I opened my eyes to see that the earth was becoming bigger and bigger; the lights got brighter.
I'm flying.
The earth gets closer.....
Oh-!
I somehow front flip in the air and then land on the ground. It felt like all my weight landed on my feet, I heard the noise of crumbled rocks. I look up to see that I made the ground a crumbled circle around me.
"That....was awesome...." I said.

****************************************************************************************************

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiįīîïīìį
So I feel like this chapter is a bit iffy, oh well ✌️
And I love this edit 💚
Three things:
1. I don't know.

2. I'm not good at writing notes

3. I love McDonalds

Well anyways,
Thanks guys ✌️