68

The wind brushed against my skinny jeans, the sky was a perfect blue, to make anyone smile. Not today. Not for me. In a few hours I'll be freezing my butt off in Anchorage, Alaska, thousands and thousands miles away from Jax, and Levi. I stare at the gray asphalt ground of the S.H.I.E.L.D base. No matter what I say, I'm still going to Alaska. Of course, New York is freezing in the winter, so I hope it's like that.....come on Kerry, you know it all ends here. Everything you tried to hide, everyone you tried to save, all ends. No more being alone, you'll basically have S.H.I.E.L.D crawling over your back. No more important work, Dad will probably go insane now.

I'm sitting on some wooden boxes, all alone, when a figure sits across from me on a box. I look to her, she's about my age, dark hair, maybe blue or....green eyes. She wore a puffy coat, and some kind of pants that hugged her body tight like....spandex? I looked at her. "Hi." she said. I waited a minute to reply. "Hi." I looked away, but she kept talking.
"So....Kerry....right?" She asked. I looked back once more and nodded. "Riley," she said with her hand out, I shook it and as we did, I looked down to the ground. Her hand dropped from mine.
"Relocation stinks, huh?" Riley asked. I nodded. "Well, hey, you get to meet polar bears!" She said. I looked at her, maybe a bit too rude. "Uh...I am not good at this, aren't I?" Riley said. I looked at her.
"I don't want to give you my full opinion." I say. Riley chuckled quietly to herself and looked down. I looked away, but then she said,

"Are there friends you're going to miss?" I bit my lip from bursting. I looked at her. "Yes."
"Anyone else?" She asked, probably waiting to get details. Well my boyfriend, Jax, who's also my one and only best friend (besides Levi) who totally understood me. Riley must've knew it was someone close. "Boy...friend?" She hesitated. I nodded. She leaned down to look at my eyes. "It's okay, I had someone like that." She said. My eyes traveled to her, she had a very gloomy expression. "What happened to him?" I asked. She shrugged. "It...didn't work out." There was a silence, until I finally spoke. "I'm sorry." I said. Riley gave me a weak smile.
"It's okay." She said. Then, a faint voice called out for her. "I've got to go but, hang in there Kerry." Riley said, her hand on my shoulder. I faked my smile and she got up and walked away. My eyes traveled back to the ground, I played with the string of my jacket, rolling the aglet between my thumb and forefinger.

I then felt a hand on my left shoulder. I jumped a bit, and saw Dad. Dad gave me a smile. I smiled at first, but it turned to a frown. Dad sat next to me, with his arm around me. "Its okay," He said, "Its okay." I sniffed and leaned into him. "I don't want to go." I whined. Dad kissed my forehead. "I know, I know. But we're okay Babe, don't worry everything will be alright." Dad soothed. I sighed as I saw a few agents getting a quinjet ready for us. I nestled into Dad as he held my hand. "Come on, we gotta go." Dad whispered quietly. He helped me up, and we began to walk over, the propellers twirled the wind making my hair fly a bit. I was looking at the ground the whole time, mostly because there were a ton of S.H.I.E.L.D agents surrounding us. Well, not a ton, but a good handful. We were still making our way to the quinjet, Dad had a soft but still firm grip on my right arm, (probably because of the agents) and I heard car noises sounding towards us. Half of me was scared I was about to get ran over, so I looked up. I saw other jets and cars, and I looked back to see a military jeep.

The bodies of agents were in my way, but I could make out half of one person. His features were all too familiar to me. That light brown hair, brown eyes, and voice,
"Kerry!"
Jax.
I turned to Dad. "Dad! Dad! There's Jax! Jax is here!" Dad looked back, but we all had to keep moving. "Dad I-I've gotta talk to him!" I cried.
"I'm sorry you can't."
"But Dad-!"
"Natasha," Dad said. Natasha, that red head assassin came to my side, taking my arm just like Dad, so both adults had strong grips on my arms. I looked back to expected to see Jax, except I saw the mass bodies of the agents. "Jax!" I cried, "JAX!"
"KERRY!" I could hear him over the propellers. I can only think to thrash my body, and that's what I do. Dad stops as he tries to pull me forward. "Kerry!" He cries. Both adults are tugging on the jacket, which gives me an idea. I bring my arms in front of me and turn as I pull my hands away. No guards expected me to run so none caught me in time. I maneuvered my way around two guards, they were big, and it was an awkward squeeze through them, but they didn't stop me.