9

ITS FRIDAY! This is possibly going to be my favorite weekend. Maybe Dad and I could walk around, and talk, and eat, because I'm good at that.
I hope Dad can handle my level of awkwardness.

Dad drives me to school when he asks, "What do you want to do tomorrow?" I had an idea of what we could do.
"You wanna walk around at the outlet? It's a cool place to walk around. They've got one of those food trucks." I explain, giggling at the end.

Dad laughs. "What?" I asked him, smiling.
"You," he replied. Smiling, I realized Dad and I laugh at the littlest things, and then laugh at that.

Turning a button on the panel in front of me, music starts playing. As I recognize the beat, I start nodding my head to it.

"I'm only a man with a candle to guide me,
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me,
A monster,
A monster,
I've turned into a monster,
A monster,
A monster,
And it keeps getting stronger,"

Both Dad and I nod our heads to the beat and laugh. I've always liked that song, and I can see Dad likes it too.

"I never said that I want this,
This burden came to me, and it's made
It's home inside,
Oh, oh, oh,"

*************

As Dad pulls in the parking lot, we say our goodbyes, then I enter school... Alone. It's odd, it's like those two annoying birds — I mean, Jax and Levi are gone. My eyes wander around my surroundings as I enter school, looking for the two.

Giving up, I walk to my locker, and unlock it. Pulling out the things I need for this morning, I turn around. I had heard my name being called, but I see no one.
"Kerry!" Jax cries. He and Levi walk up to me, laughing and smiling.
"You look like you're jacked up on some drugs." I say.
"That was a horrible insult." Levi replies.
"It's not an insult, it's my opinion." I retort. Levi rolls his eyes. "Anyways," Jax says, "We got a substitute Science teacher, and on a scale of one to ten, she's a fifty!"

"And you're telling me this, why...?" I ask.
"Because she's hotter than all the girls in school." Levi explains.
"You said that about Shannon Carter." I say, closing my locker.
"No, I said she was a walking ten, that doesn't necessarily count for all the other girls." Levi explains once more.
I roll my eyes. "If you don't mind, I'm going to go to English," Turning around to walk down the hallway, Jax walks up closely to my left.
"Fantastic, we were just heading there ourselves," He says, acting and sounding mannered. I roll my eyes once more, as both boys are on side of me, linking their arms with mine.

*************

Science is next, and Jax is smiling like an idiot. I'm only happy, because I don't have to see Mrs. Laster giving me a glare for the whole entire class time. Entering class, I take my seat with Jax sitting next to me, and raising his eyebrows. Scoffing, I punch his arm with both fists. The classroom door opens, and a lady with long curly brown hair pokes her head in. "Is this the Science classroom?"
Everyone looks to her, nodding. "Finally I found it!" The lady exclaims. Some kids laugh as she walks in. Her curly long brown bounces around her shoulders, and she walks swiftly with her slim body. Facing the class, she smiles big, with her lips and brown-green eyes. The jocks nod and look at her.
"Hello everyone! I'm Miss Reins, and I'll be substituting for Mrs. Laster. I hear you guys are learning Radiation. That's cool, I'm studying it a little too." She smiles.

During the middle of class, we were learning about what can block Alpha radiation, when someone asked, "What do you and the weather have in common?" Everyone looked to one of the jocks from up front. Miss Reins stopped talking, and turned around to him. "Excuse me?" Miss Reins asks.
"You're both hot!" He said. His friends laugh as Miss Reins crossed her arms, and walked over towards the front table, where they sat.

"Wanna hear a better joke?" She asked. "You're career after high school." Everyone stares, shocked, and some kids hold back laughter. Even the jock's friends think that's hysterical. Miss Reins had a winning smile plastered on her face. "Are we done here?" Miss Reins asked, leaning on the desk. "Because, I've got a few more that might be right up your alley."
The jock hangs his head low. "Yes, Miss Reins."
As we finally settled down, Jax leaned over to me.

"I want her as the teacher!" He says. I laugh and nod.
"She reminds me about you." Jax adds. The thought about a grownup me makes me smile. I've always wanted a fun family when I grew up.

My thoughts are interrupted by the bell. Looking at the smart board, then back to my notebook, I make sure I got everything I need written down. Today we were taught that radiation could take away radiation.

On my way out of the room, Miss Reins walks up to me. "Excuse me," She says. "I'm not sure if it was this class, or it's going to be the next, but Mrs. Laster said to watch out for one student who talks back to teachers. Should I be on the look out, or...?"
Wow. Thanks, Mrs. Laster.
Realizing the next class had entered the room, and took their seats, I spot Shannon near the front.
"You see the blonde haired girl right there? Pink shirt. Not really a Know-It-All, but she's got a big mouth." I explain. Miss Reins makes a face, but adds a smile. I smile and exit the classroom.

*****************************************************************************************************

( I w a n t f o o d )