thirty-three: pain and pleasure

tw// abuse.

-

the sudden impact of mr. lee's firm hand left his son's cheek painted a faint shade of red. like the last gradient of color on a canvas right before the brush runs out of paint, and fades into nothing.

"you think you could outsmart me, jihoon? using yoongi as your little savior?" mr. lee said, his tone gushing with mockery.

"i'm sorry, i thought-"

jihan shut her eyes close as the sound of a sharp noise resonated in her eardrums. she didn't bother looking.

he had slapped him this time, at least. jihan only thanked the heavens. it could have been worse.

jihoon didn't flinch. he knew better than that. it'll only reward him another unnecessary meeting between his face and his father's fist— hand, if he's lucky.

mr. lee eyed his son one more time before stepping towards his daughter.

she waited for the familiar stinging sensation to plunder her face. 

she waited,

waited,

waited,

but nothing came. 

she looked up to find her father's ice cold eyes staring at her. she couldn't read him. was it anger? disgust? disapproval? maybe all of the above. 

"being with your mother really gave you two the guts to go against me, huh" mr. lee stated, his face still blank. "you don't want to get married, jihan?"

"i... i don't— i—"

"speak properly. don't babble like a brainless pelican" 

she faced the floor. she knew it was a trick question. one wrong move and she'd be going home with a mark on her face.

"i'll do anything you tell me"

he spun his heel and walked behind his desk, sitting on his black leather office chair. he crossed his arms, peering at both his children. 

"although i must admit, it was clever of you two. digging up my dirt. turns out it wasn't good enough"- a crooked smile slightly cracked on his lips, "let this be a lesson for both of you. you must never disobey me. you are my creation, therefore there must be no flaws. you are me, we have the same mind and that will never change, am i clear?"

no response.

he threw the wine glass resting on his desk to the floor, causing crystals and shards of glass to scatter on the tiled floor. 

"yes, father"
"yes, father"

-

when the door of their father's office shut with a click, jihan grabbed her brother by the arm to examine his face. 

"this'll leave a mark if we don't ice it right away" she told as she ran a finger against the red mark. 

he didn't even flinched. "i expected it to be much worse, he kinda let us off the hook"

"i know" she replied and withdrew her hand. she sighed, "yoongi would definitely report him to the police if he knew"

"which is why he can not and can never know" jihoon said as they started walking. "are you okay?"

"fantastic"

"me too"

"brings back memories" jihan chuckled.