eight: new side

chan stood there, shocked. it was his brother eating with no one other than choi sara. chan knew very well how much his sister despised the girl. chan knew about seokmin's argument with jihan. he thought seokmin would give it up but turns out he thought wrong.

chan clenched his jaw and walked towards them. he wasn't sure what he was and should do. all he knew was that seokmin was wrong. 

soon enough, they noticed his presence. seokmin didn't seem alarmed. 

"what are you doing here?"

"not very smart, hyung" chan crossed his arms and looked at sara. "you ditched me for this"

"lee chan" seokmin warned. 

"i'm eating with you" chan announced and pulled out a chair. disregarding his brother's stare, chan sat down. 

"chan, go home"

"my phone is with me right now. it's either you allow me to eat with you or i'm calling noona" chan threatened, expressionless. seokmin could've sworn he saw jihoon in chan.

"jihan noona would be glad to see this"

giving up, seokmin sighed. "help yourself"

chan smirked in victory.

"so you're chan" sara looking at him, smiling.

"you know who i am and what i look like. you're just asking to start a conversation with me" chan deadpanned, catching them both off-guard. he suddenly smiled an adorable smile. "but don't worry, all is well"

seokmin was surprised, to say the least. chan never had that attitude. chan was always so behaved. seokmin thought chan would be like him, loving and kind since their father didn't raise them but he was wrong. chan indeed had that side to him.

sara nodded, "you remind me so much of your siblings. you radiate the same aura"

"well, we are our father's children after all"

sara tilted her head curiously. "what's with your father?"

seokmin tensed up.

"oh you don't know our father?" chan faced her and asked.

"jake lee, right? my father has talked about him before"

"ah" chan chuckled. "let me tell you a bit about our father"

"chan, stop"

"i wouldn't know much because my mother raised me but jihan and jihoon said he's really tough. he gets what he wants whenever he wants and most importantly, gets rid of who and whatever he wants whenever he wants" chan said, articulating each and every word.

sara would be lying if she said she wasn't intimidated, and chan's only fifteen.

"father raised jihoon and jihan until they were fourth graders which means that jihan is exactly like our father" chan got up and grabbed his phone which laid on the table. 

"going already?" sara asked.

chan nodded. "remember what i said, sara-ssi. jihan gets what she wants whenever she wants and most importantly, gets rid of whoever and whatever she wants whenever she wants"

-

"lee chan, come down now!" seokmin yelled as soon as he entered their house.

"i'm here" lee chan lazily walked out of the kitchen area, arms crossed. "welcome home, hyung"

"what were you thinking?"

"hyung, i did what i needed to do. aren't you proud?" chan frowned.

"proud of what? where are the manners mother taught you? you're proud of acting like a jerk? that was a side of you i have never seen, chan" seokmin yelled, furious.

"noona would have done worse, hyung"

"and you want to be like her?! you want to be like them?! even you hate sara? for what reason?"

"of course i want to be like them. smart, feared, charming, manipulative, you name it. you know the rivalry between jihoon and seungcheol and jihan and sara. i am doing my duty as a brother, something you should have thought of doing"

"you're being a brat, chan"

"no hyung" chan sighed. "i'm protecting what's mine"

with that, chan grabbed his glass of milk and walked up the stairs, leaving seokmin behind. 

'i'll make sure of it. i always protect what's mine' jihan's words rang in seokmin's mind. jihoon, jihan and chan were very much alike, seokmin realized. he thought chan would be better since their mother raised him but he was wrong. perhaps he was the only one who didn't get his father's attitude and brain. 

he wasn't as smart, as manipulative and as cunning as the twins were. he didn't have their aura, their aura that manages to make a person fall on their knees. he didn't have their ability to not care for people. and although he didn't have all of those, he was glad.

seokmin has always been on the caring, kind and loving side. he was the sunshine of their household

and he would never plan on changing that.