two: little brother

"JI!" their mother called from the dining area.

"yes?"
"yeah?"

the twins answered at the same time. the two faced the other and glared at each other.

"she was calling me" jihan crossed her arms.

"no, she was calling me- as she should. i was born first so i'm better" jihoon glared.

"you were born first because God rushed making your ugly ass. he took time making me so i popped out of the womb last"

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?" jihoon stood up, fuming.

"I CALLED YOU UGLY" jihan said just as loud.

"YOU'RE TALENTLESS AS HELL BUT YOU DONT HEAR ME COMPLAINING"

"WHAT?!" jihan widened her eyes, "DID YOU— OH NO YOU DIDN'T"

"for goodness sake, SEOKMIN COME DOWN HERE" their mother yelled frustratingly.

in a heartbeat, seokmin was skipping down the stairs, ignoring the fact that his two older siblings were at each other's throats. "yes mommy?"

"honey, please call chan and tell him to hurry up. he'll be late for his dance academy"

"sure" seokmin said and rushed upstairs to call his youngest sibling.

"lee chaaann, are you ready?" he opened chan's door. "time to go, kid"

"ready" chan replied and grabbed his gym bag. "are you coming?"

"no, i'm going to soonyoung hyung's house"

"i want to go" chan sulked. "i have hockey after dance"

"it's okay, baby brother" seokmin gave his brother a side hug. "it'll all pay off when you become a successful"

"thanks, hyung. you're the best brother ever"

-

"LEE JIHOON YOU'RE THE WORSE HUMAN BEING TO EVER WALK THIS BLOODY PLANET" jihan screamed in english with her mixed accents as she threw pillows at jihoon but missed every time. "i take that back. did i say human being? i mean donkey"

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU SO PETTY?"

"SAYS YOU"

"YOU SHOULD BE CALLED PETTYWISE BECAUSE YOU SURE DO LOOK LIKE A BLOODY CLOWN"

"AT LEAST I'M FUNNY UNLIKE YOUR BORING ARSE"

"AT LEAST I'M NOT TALENTLESS"

"AT LEAST I DIDN'T GET A FUCKING B MINUS IN ENGLISH WHEN WE LIVED IN IN THE UK"

"oh boy" chan said as he and seokmin walked down the stairs. 

"here we go again" seokmin sighed. "HEY, YOU TWO, STOP IT"

"STAY OUT"
"STAY OUT"
they both pointed at seokmin and exclaimed, finally speaking korean.

seokmin looked at chan, teary eyed. "did they.. did they just yell at me?"

chan nodded and pat his back. "you should get used to it by now"

the two continued to argue loudly. they could've sworn their neighbors heard them, they were that loud. not like they cared, however.

"ENOUGH" their mother entered the scene angrily. she threw the kitchen towel she was holding on the floor. "I'M SICK OF YOU TWO FIGHTING"

the house finally went silent.

"jihan and jihoon, send chan to his academy. you two are driving chan around today"

"fine with me" jihan said. "come on" 

"who said you're driving him?" jihoon raised a brow. "i will drive chan"

"no, i will"

"he likes me better and i'm older"

"no you're adopted, where else did you get your ugly ass face from?"

"we're literally twins, jihan"

"dizygotic twins, jihoon"

"TWINS" their mother raised her voice once again. "'i hope you have twins' they said, 'it'll be fun' they said" she sighed.

"chan, choose" jihan crossed her arms. "noona or hyung"

chan looked at his mother who gave him a look. he nodded.

"both"

-

"have fun in class. call us if you need anything, yeah?" jihan hugged her little brother.

"my classmates can see" the youngest complained.

"so?" jihan asked and ruffled his hair.

"we'll pick you up in two hours for your hockey practice" jihoon said and chan nodded.

"bye hyung, noona" chan waved and walked away from both his siblings.

"hey, chan!" a girl with bangs happily skipped towards chan.

"oh hi, seonjae" chan greeted with a smile. "can we talk inside? my siblings are kind of watching me.. right now"

"you have siblings?" she asked, surprised. chan seemed like the type to be an only child since his mother spoiled him with many things an only child would get.

he discretely turned his head, looking for his siblings. to his demise, they were looking straight at him with their usual sinister eyes. nothing new to him but he knew seonjae would get the wrong idea.

"woah, those two are your siblings? those two standing outside the bmw?" 

she knew chan was rich, but not this rich. the two siblings looked like they came straight out of a movie.

"unfortunately" chan replied.

"they look.. expensive" she muttered the last word. jihan's eyes shifted from chan's to hers. seonjae flinched and looked away. "and scary"

"don't let her get to your head" chan laughed. "i suggest we get going. don't want to be late, do we?"

"oh, of course"

-

"jihoon look at that" jihan told her brother who was busy texting soonyoung.

he hummed, not bothering to look up.

jihan rolled her eyes, "chan's with a girl"

in an instant, jihoon snapped his head upwards from his phone.

"i assume she's a dancer too"

"she better be a good one to be talking to chan"

"don't be a bitch, jihanie" jihoon laughed. "you'll scare her off"

chan turned around and met eyes with his sister. he gave her a look that screamed please go away. she noticed the girl mouth something to chan so she diverted her gaze. she stared directly into the girl's eyes.

she seemed to flinched and quickly turn the other away.

jihan chuckled. "how cute"

"chan's fifteen, how quick"

"stop, don't make me feel old hooni" 

"don't call me hooni anymore" jihoon groaned. 

"you still call me hani" she rolled her eyes. "i won't allow chan to have a girlfriend"

"i agree, he's too young" jihoon said. "will you do anything about it?"

"you know me, hooni" she chuckled. "i'll do anything to protect my little brother"