twenty-four: music notes

"pass your projects before midnight guys, late submissions will not be accepted without bribery" their music teacher, miss han, joked.

everybody replied with an enthusiastic 'yes teacher'.

"oh, i spy with my literal little eyes, a new face" miss han excitedly said, clapping. "new student, dear?"

yujin shyly nodded.

"introduce yourself, will you?" miss han gestured her to stand up.

she stood up and bowed, "hello, i'm jung yujin"

"do you play any instruments?" miss han asked, yujin shook her head as a no. "can you read music notes?"

"no, i can't"

miss han's eyes widened, "oh dear, that's dreadful. jihoonie!"

that made jihoon look at his favorite teacher. "yes?"

"give yujin here some lessons after school, will you?"

this made everyone gasp. jihoon just sighed, "can't wonwoo do it? he's way smarter than i am"

"hate to break it to you little mister mozart but you're the best at music in this school" miss han chuckled. "what do you say? library after school"

"okay" he sighed. it's not like he had a choice anyway. there's no way he would turn down his favorite teacher.

he looked at yujin who directly looked away. he found it weird.

-

"jihan, mingyu and junhui got in trouble" wonwoo told as he packed his stuff in his bag, ready to leave.

jihoon raised a brow, "jihan and mingyu? what does that overgrown cheeto have to do with my sister getting in trouble?"

wonwoo rolled his eyes, "being overgrown is better than being undergrown, jihoonie"

jihoon raised his hand and in a quick motion, slapped the arm of is friend who just glared at him.

"you have admit though, that kid's got the face of a demi-god" wonwoo stated.

"an actual god, you mean?" soonyoung corrected. "he and jihan go well together since jihan's drop dead gorgeous"

"you gonna act like you don't like my sister?" jihoon teased, making the blonde whine.

"i don't like her-"

"irrelevant. anyway, shouldn't you be tutoring that new girl yujin?" wonwoo asked.

"right" jihoon said. "she's probably there by now. pack my stuff for me, will you soonyoung?"

"sure" the boy replied. "wait you'll be staying in the library, right?"

jihoon nodded.

wonwoo laughed, "that's where couples make out, goodluck. try to fit in-"

"shut the fuck up"

-

"yeah, sorry i'm late" jihoon apologized as he sat beside yujin. "did you wait long?"

"no, don't worry" she replied.

she was surprised, needless to say. she expected a disrespectful know-it-all jerk but got the opposite. she found him absolutely polite.

she watched him place a sketchbook on the table. he started drawing two different staves, labelling them both.

"what do you not understand?" he asked, showing her the drawing.

embarrassed, yujin admitted, "nothing"