four: happy family

hours ago

chan entered the dance academy, seonjae tailing behind him.

"look, seonjae" he sighed. "i don't like you, so will you please not interact with my siblings like- ever?"

seonjae frowned. "but we are dating, right?"

chan raised his eyebrows. "we are?"

"chan what the hell!" she exclaimed. "you asked me out a week ago"

"oh" he remembered but didn't care. "that was dumb of me, i apologize" he chuckled.

"are you serious right now?"

"i'm always serious, seonjae" chan said. "but i will not break up with you"

"what?"

chan stepped back and scanned seonjae top to bottom. he smirked and walked closer towards seonjae. he tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "forgive me"

"chan!" his friend, hyunsuk jogged towards him.

"see you later" chan smiled at seonjae before walking away with hyunsuk. "am i late?"

"your siblings came?" hyunsuk replied with another question.

"yes" chan smiled. "they sent me"

"that's a first. it's the talk of the school"

"that's understandable"

it wasn't a surprise. chan was the most well known student in their dance academy. i mean who wouldn't know him, he's smart, talented, attractive, rich and charming.

"hey, you need to stop toying with girls' feelings chan. they're not objects" hyunsuk told.

chan sighed, "i know and— i'm not toying with anyone"

"whatever you say, chan"

-

"hyung!" chan cheerfully called as soon as he got off the ice. "practice is done. let's go home"

"you don't want anything? ice cream —"

"who eats ice cream in winter?" chan asked, puzzled by his brother's peculiar offer.

"jihan and i"

"oh yeah, where is she?"

"i sent her home a while ago since she somehow caught a fever"

"oh" chan frowned. "then let's go buy her some things to cheer her up"

-

"how did you catch a fever?" seokmin worriedly asked as he pressed the cold compress against his older sister's forehead.

"it's cold" she replied.

seokmin pouted and grabbed the medicine from the tray he brought. "take this", he handed her the medicine and a glass of water.

"seokmin, don't you have to go to soonyoung's house?" jihan asked before downing the medicine.

"well yes but you're more important"

it was a known fact that the lee brothers adored their only sister. she was like their precious gem.

"i have to get chan" she frowned.

"jihoon hyung said he'll do it, right?"