thirteen: lee chan

"is joshua coming back today?" sara asked her brother as they ate their breakfast.

"he's coming back this afternoon, so he won't be able to attend any classes" seungcheol replied. he paused and placed his utensils down, looking at his sister. "what's the deal with you and lee seokmin?"

sara furrowed her brows, unsure of what to answer. "there's no deal"

"lee seokmin? isn't that the brother of lee chan?" their youngest brother, hansol asked.

"yeah, how do you know him?" seungcheol asked.

"we're in the same class, we go to the same dance academy and we live in the same neighborhood, of course i do" he replied, sounding so unenthusiastic.

"is he kind?" sara asked. "are you guys friends?"

hansol put down his phone and scoffed, "lee chan? kind? that's peak comedy"

"what's he like, then?" seungcheol asked.

"he's like the son of the devil" hansol rolled his eyes. "he's horrible. oh, and there's this girl who likes him— he treats her horribly"

"jihan must be proud of him" sara laughed.

"do you like seokmin?" seungcheol suddenly asked his sister.

she was taken aback, "all of a sudden?"

"you seem to keep leading him on" her older brother said. "if you don't like him then just stop talking to him. who knows what the twins would do to you"

"seokmin doesn't even like me" she laughed nervously. she lied. she knew very well how seokmin felt.

"you're smarter than that" seungcheol told, unconvinced.

"chan's brother likes sara?" hansol asked in shock.

seungcheol nodded.

hansol put a hand over his mouth and gasped. "oh my god, no no no no. don't associate yourself with that family, they're sick in the head"

"jeonghan's really close with jihan"

"isn't jeonghan the brother of that sociopathic girl?" hansol asked, seungcheol nodded. "wow, does he have a thing for being associated with sociopathic people?"

"maybe" seungcheol laughed. "but hey, don't say that"

"seokmin isn't like them, hansol" sara reasoned.

hansol couldn't help but roll his eyes, "yeah right, that's what everyone says. i'll go first, need to finish some work"

-

as hansol was still ten feet from his classroom, he could already hear the loud chatters of his classmates. he opened the door and saw books being thrown around. sighing, he walked towards his desk which was across the room.

"this is why teachers hate our class" he muttered as he sat down. 

suddenly, an unnatural silence dawned upon their classroom. hansol didn't mind it at first, but after a few seconds it became strange to him. there was no teacher, and their class was known to never be silent. 

he uncomfortably looked around the classroom to see everybody staring at no one other than lee chan. 

what did he do this time?, hansol thought.

out of nowhere, one of his classmates stepped in front of lee chan with their head hung low. "i- i'm so sorry. i didn't-"

"apologizing doesn't erase the fact that you threw a book at my fucking head" lee chan interrupted, his voice stone cold. his dangerous voice made some of their classmates walk out, unable to handle the tension.