who are the lees?

"you're the new student?" hwayeon, the president of seoah high school asked with a wide, welcoming smile on her face.

"yes, it's nice to meet you" the girl bowed, "i'm jung yujin"

"i'm hwayeon, the president of seoah high. i'll be showing you the ropes of this school but before we start, i'll have to ask you something"

"yes, of course!" yujin beamed.

"i hope you don't find this offensive but how'd you get into this school?"

"my parents are employees at hera hotel"

hwayeon pursed her lips together and nodded. "not bad, not bad. how'd you get here?"

"my dad is mrs. lee hanyoung's secretary and she offered me a spot"

"ah, just your luck. you'll be able to see your parents' boss's children. the lees"

"the lees?"

hwayeon nodded her head towards a certain direction. yujin turned her head, looking at the people hwayeon gestured to look at. it was jihan, jihoon and seokmin entering the school.

"who're they?" yujin asked, slightly intimidated by the lee siblings' presence.

"the people you should be most cautious of. the lee family" hwayeon told. "they have the most power in this school. both their parents are owners of extremely successful businesses in the world: hera hotels and rose group. they carry the names of those powerful companies. not to mention, they have the looks of greek gods and goddesses.

the eldests, lee jihoon. english name is woozi jay lee. the the shortest boy"

"he's.. small"

"he is" hwayeon chuckled. 

"he's not very friendly though, he's a solid no-go zone. friends with all the powerful people in this school we'll discuss later. he's a major shareholder in rose group, which is not very common. parents usually don't give their children shares until they reach twenty-five.

born in new zealand, raised in surrey, speaks english, korean and japanese fluently. pretty smart, usually ranks fourth in our school. i'm warning you, stay away from him"

yujin nodded.

"next is lee jihan. english name is esther jihanne lee, the only girl among them"

"she's beautiful"

"she looks like every person's dream , doesn't she? she's lee jihoon's twin who is only minutes older than she is. she's usually unbothered but can be extremely hostile. when she's all fired up, she becomes the female embodiment of the devil so i suggest you be careful around her.

born in new zealand, raised in london, fluent in french, english and korean. she's really smart, she always ranks first. she dances really well too"

"so she's like the teacher's pet?" 

hwayeon chuckled at the though, "dear no, that's the last thing she would be. most teachers probably hate her"

"oh" yujin said in surprise. "how about the tall one? don't tell me he's the youngest"

"oh, he is— at least among his siblings in this school" hwayeon noticed yujin slightly gasp. this didn't faze her, it was a normal reaction.

"lee seokmin, sunshine of the school. you can approach him anytime, he's the polar opposite of his two older siblings. he's probably friends with everyone in this school so he's perfectly safe to be around with.

born and raised in korea therefore his english name is rarely used, deekaye lee. he's won countless of singing competitions around korea, he's deadly talented. 

they have one more sibling but he's still in middle school. lee chan, english name is dino lee"

furrowing her eyebrows, yujin confusedly asked, "dino? as in dinosaur"

"it's cute. it suits him" hwayeon replied. "i don't know much about lee chan but i do know that he's one talented kid. he goes to a dance academy and plays hockey. he's won many dance competitions.

 born and raised in korea. he's neutral from what i've observed. not as sunshine-y as seokmin but definitely not as dark as the twins. so basically, stay away from jihoon, be cautious around jihan and be happy around seokmin"

"are you friends with them? the lee siblings?" yujin asked.

"i wouldn't say friends" she chuckled. "although i do keep a close tie with seokmin. he respects me as his senior—"

"hwayoung"

they turn their heads towards the direction of the voice and see jihoon with files in hand.

"yes?" hwayeon asked politely, "and it's hwayeon, jihoon"

"right" jihoon muttered before handing the stacked files to hwayeon. "jihan asked me to hand you the documents for the upcoming winter fest"

"already?" hwayeon gladly accepted the files. "your sister sure is fast"

jihoon turned his head to look at the new student, his expression stagnant. yujin tucked her hand into the holes of her sweater in discomfort.

"new student?"

"me?" yujin asked, full of uncertainty.

crossing his arms, jihoon rolled his eyes. "i'm talking to you, aren't i?"

"oh! well, yes. i am"

she then braced herself for the upcoming question- how she got in. she mentally prepared herself for the dirty look she'd get from him once he finds out she's just a mere secretary's daughter.

instead, jihoon just walked away, not bothering to give her one last glance.