eighteen: confession

"so mingyu hyung's back, huh" seokmin stated.

they were at their school's cafeteria since seokmin didn't feel like going home yet.

"i heard him and jihan talked" sara added before taking a bite out of her burger. "i feel kinda bad for jihan"

"you feel bad for my sister?" seokmin repeated in disbelief.

sara nodded. "she just got engaged and now mingyu's back. talk about timing"

"why?"

"maybe she still loves him"

"love?" seokmin raised a brow at the girl in front of him. "my sister doesn't do love, sara"

"i knew jihan enough to know whenever she put her walls down" sara told. "and whenever mingyu was around her, she silently but eventually did for him"

"she never.. she never said yes to mingyu"

"that doesn't mean she didn't love him"

seokmin frowned. "you're acting like you know a lot about jihan. i don't even know her enough to say that. she's beyond difficult to read"

"we were friends" sara admitted. "really good ones, actually. chaehan, jihan and i"

"you.. you've always been enemies"

"we weren't always enemies- i just.. i did something" sara confessed and sadly smiled at seokmin who was confused as ever. "twice. i hurt her twice"

"what did you do?"

"i-" she took a deep breath. "i'm sorry, can we talk about something else? i'm not ready to talk about this"

although disappointed, seokmin respected her decision. he nodded.

it must've been painful.

"sara!" joshua called before walking towards them.

"shua hyung" seokmin greeted with a smile.

"hey, in-law" joshua lightly chuckled and pat seokmin's head. "can i talk to sara for a while?"

"oh, of course" seokmin smiled.

sara stood up from her seat and silently followed joshua out of the cafeteria. she felt bad for leaving seokmin but her senior requested to talk to her so what could she do.

"i looked for you this morning but i couldn't find you" joshua spoke, breaking the silence.

"ah, i woke up late and skipped two periods" she replied.

they ended up in joshua's classroom. she didn't really know why, but she was weirded out.

"why are we here?" she asked uncomfortably.

"i went to LA a few days ago and got you something" joshua said before grabbing the paper bag placed on top of his desk.

sara took a step back and frowned. "joshua, no. we talked about this"

" just accept it" joshua sighed and walked towards her, bag in hands.

"i don't like you, joshua"

"i know you don't, i'm glad you don't" he assuringly said. "this will be my last move on you, don't worry. i promised myself that once the betrothal has been finalized, i'll focus on my fiancée, so please accept this"

hesitantly, sara stepped forward. she grabbed the bag from joshua. "thank you, i'll open it at home"

"sad, huh"