five: fights in school

shutting her locker, she turned her head to face the commotion that was happening.

"what does it feel like being born poor?" she watched as wonwoo provoked the new student. she didn't bother intervening, she knew her place. it was a normal occurrence in their school anyway. 

"jeon wonwoo!" a girl pushed through the crowed and faced wonwoo.

jihan rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "stupid" she muttered.

"ji" junhui approached the girl. "looks like choi sara is doing it again"

"give it more time and she'll become a saint, i'm telling you" jihan commented, full of sarcasm. 

"jeon wonwoo, who do you think you are?!" sara exclaimed, helping the bullied student up. "go on, go" she told.

he nodded gratefully before dashing off.

"if it isn't the mini seungcheol?" wonwoo chuckled, crossing his arms.

"don't call me that" she clenched her fists. "bullying others won't make you cool, wonwoo"

"and protecting people won't make you a saint" wonwoo shot back. exactly what jihan was thinking. "sara, i suggest you stay in your place"

"does picking on people lower than you amuse you? is it their fault they weren't born previleged like us?"

"you're standing up for a boy who's father is a janitor and mother is jobless, miss sara choi"

"so?"

"watch you tongue"

"what can you do to me anyway?" sara challenged.

"crazy bitch" jihan whispered as she laughed lightly.

"do you want to know?" wonwoo took a step closer, making sara take a step back.

"wonwoo hyung" seokmin stepped in, surprising everybody. "that quite enough"

jihan dropped an arm to her side. "what the hell" she muttered.

"will you do anything?" junhui asked. 

jihan doesn't reply.

"if it isn't lee seokmin. this is new" wonwoo smirked. "you suddenly care. i wonder what jihan and jihoon would say"

"stop it, wonwoo hyung. this won't get you anywhere" seokmin said. he then turned to sara. "are you okay?"

"i'm fine, seokmin" she replied with a smile.

"hyung" seokmin sighed before facing the older male. "just let this go, yeah?"

"i don't know if you've heard this seok, but what you're doing isn't exactly commendable. your sister wouldn't be happy to know what you're doing"

"that's not important right now" seokmin replied. "sara's right, you should know when to stop. you shouldn't have done that"

jihan slammed her book on the floor, creating a loud thud that echoed in the hallway. it was so sudden and loud that everybody flinched. heck even junhui jumped three inches off the ground.

they turned their heads towards jihan who looked unamused as ever. she started walking towards the crowd that didn't hesitate to make a path for her. 

"hi, jihan" wonwoo, amused. "here to collect your brother?"

jihan didn't bother looking at wonwoo. she faced sara who stood behind seokmin, "get lost"

"excuse me?"

"get lost before i drag you out" her voice was patterned with danger and threat. her face held no positive expression.

"noona" seokmin frowned.

"go to class, seokmin" she said to seokmin.

"how fierce of you" wonwoo retorts, huffing. "attractive as hell. this is why jihoon's super protective of you"

"shut your mouth"

wonwoo held his hands up in surrender, amused by the female.

"clear the godamn hallway" she said. in a few moments, the hallway was cleared with only them three and junhui watching.

"don't drag my brother into your suicide bombings" she calmly told sara. "or else you won't like what i'm going to do to you"

"what's happening over here?" seungcheol asked, jeonghan and joshua tailing behind him.

"i was just—"

"seungcheol, you should teach your sister to mind her own business. she didn't do so and dragged my brother into her little show" jihan said, pulling away seokmin from sara by the arm.

"what happened?" joshua sighed. "junhui" he called, "come here"

"wonwoo was pissing off that new kid, sara stepped in for him, seokmin stepped in for sara, jihan stepped in to stop whatever the fuck was happening"

"jihan, can you stop picking on my sister?" seungcheol sighed. "it's starting to get on my nerves"

jihan laughed mockingly. "get mad, for all i care. but tell your sister to not mess with seokmin. this this my first warning— what hell, joshua hong?!"

joshua grabbed her by the wrist and dragged her out of the scene.

"what the hell do you want, hong" she groaned as he pulled her inside an empty classroom.

"just stop" he said to her. "you're being too much, esther"

"you know what it means to step into that scene. you know the norm of this school. i don't want my brother to be talked about that way"

"seokmin helped sara. that's his choice, not yours"

"i care for my brothers, hong. they're everything to me"

"do you really?" joshua questioned, making her raise a brow. "if they find out what you're hiding, do you think they'll be happy?"

"that's between you, me, my dad and your family, hong. don't drag them into this" she angrily said. "this is not my choice either. i'll find my way out of it"

"please just" he sucked in a breath. "know your limits, okay?"

"we're not even friends, hong. don't tell me what to do"

"you really can't be nice, huh?" he ran his fingers through his soft brown locks, frustrated. "that's seungcheol's sister. as his friend, i know how much he loves—"

"why, do you like her?" jihan laughed, cutting him off.

"no, but you should ask seokmin that" joshua crossed his arms. "i'm pretty sure he'll have an interesting answer"

"seokmin is naturally kind. he helped sara because of that trait"

"he never really cared before whenever something like that happened, or are you just dense"

"are you provoking me?"

"of course not" joshua replied. "i know better than to provoke her gorgeous majesty"

"are we done here?" jihan rolled her eyes.

"just please, don't —"

"i have more important people to meet and work to do. goodbye, joshua hong" she walks away, fast paced, lightly bumping her shoulder against his unintentionally.

she saw seokmin as soon as she walked out of the room however, she ignored him.

"noona"

"we'll talk later, i have a class to go to" she said as she walked pass him.