twenty-seven: family day with the favorite siblings

"what do you think of the venue, miss lee?" the event planner asked jihan who couldn't have looked more uninterested.

"it's lovely" she simply replied. "thank you for your hard work"

"you don't want to change anything?"

jihan looked around and one thing caught her sharp eyes. she pointed at the huge sign decorated with fake leaves. "that. i'd like to remove that please"

the event planner frowned, "but miss, it's an essential decoration during betrothalparties"

"it's okay" she smiled, "i'll just think of it as an early christmas party. i don't want to be reminded— actually, can you change the sign?"

"yes, we can. would you like to change it instead?"

"yes, put 'merry christmas' instead, please"

the event planner couldn't believe what she was hearing. she could hear the distinct distaste in jihan's voice. the young lady clearly did not want the engagement party.

"merry christmas?"

"yes. it's way better than 'the union of jihan and jisoo', don't you think?"

"well, i—"

"of course you do" jihan cut her off. "besides that, it looks lovely. i thought i asked you to make it as ugly as possible?"

"miss lee, we don't do ugly designs"

sighing, jihan nodded. "it looks beautiful. good work, when is the party?"

at this point, the event planner was flabbergasted. the celebrant isn't even aware of her celebration date.

"this sunday, miss lee"

"sunday?" jihoon asked as he jogged towards his sister, chan tailing behind him like a puppy. "that's shinee's comeback date, what the hell?"

"i know" she grouchily said. "should i skip the party?"

"shall we skip the party?"

"no one's skipping the party" chan announced. "for sure dad won't let me leave so i'll be alone"

"what about seokmin?" jihoon asked.

"he's probably going to be with choi sara all night"

"CHOI SARA?!" jihan exclaimed, making the event planner, who was at least three meters away from her, jump. "that tramp-"

"jihan" her twin warned, giving her the 'not in front of chan' look. yes, that has become a look. it just says how much they need that signal

"-poline. that trampoline will be there?"

"her father's crazy successful, hani. plus, our dad hates him; even more reason to invite the choi family" jihoon reasoned. "you know our dad, that sly mother-"

jihan kicked his leg discretely but it was hard enough for him to slightly yelp.

"-mothergoose"

the twins have foul mouths, that's a given. however, they did not want their littlest brother to be as foul-mouthed as they were so they made a pledge: no swearing in front of chan to set a good example.

"will seokmin hyung sing?" chan asked.

"no"
"yes"
jihan and jihoon said in chorus. the female said no while the male said yes.

"what?"

"i'm sure he'll sing a love song, i don't want him singing in my engagement party as he locks eyes with choi sara. she must not feel happiness when i'm around"