chapter thirty-six: classroom chats

i never intended this book to be serious. i will not go in depth in the character's lives, this book is meant to show the nonstop banter of the lee siblings.

if you wish for something serious, read my book boundaries we may never cross, a jihan focused book.

-

"your brother asked that yujin girl to be his date for your party" soonyoung filled junhui and jihan in with his daily gossip.

"really?" jihan replied, her tone dull as she flipped the page of her book.

"she doesn't care, take a hint" junhui told.

jihan looked up in annoyance when her book was slipped out of her desk. "good morning, mister jeon"

wonwoo took the nearest chair and inverted it, straddling it with his arms folded and rested on top of the back. he shut the book and glanced at the title, to only let out a huff.

"the menacles that hold her" he read the title and scoffed. he looked at the unimpressed girl in front of him, "extremely overwritten, dragging, and a full of unnecessary side stories. you were taught etiquette since you were born, don't you know it's rude to do something else when conversing with someone?"

jihan leaned against the back of her chair, crossing her arms, her eyes coolly scanned the male. "it's not overwritten, it's called a slow burn, i assume you've heard of that. the side stories weren't unnecessary, they were crucial for the main character's development. and i don't think i should pay close attention to etiquette with you of all people, shouldn't i?— plus, i'm not interested in my twin brother's unsuccessful love life"

"how harsh"

jihan squinted before swiftly snatching her book back.

"not going to ruin her?" soonyoung asked.

jihan arched a brow, "and i should, because...?"

"because miss esther lee is overprotective with her siblings as if your children" wonwoo continued for her, "besides, you guys are so out of her league?"

"secretary jung's a good man" jihan said. "besides, i don't ruin people"

"i don't ruin people" soonyoung mocked, his lips pouted and he wobbled his head as he did. "three syllables, choi sara"

"that's different" jihan told, her index finger pointed at the boy.

"why ruin someone who doesn't have much to begin with? where's the fun in that?" chaehan walked towards jihan's and placed a white paper bag on her desk. "i bought a new curling wand yesterday, thought you'd like one as well since yours is... ancient, to say the least"

"thank you" jihan cheekily smiled.

"you two best friends again?" wonwoo asked.

"i don't know. are we, chae?" jihan asked.

chaehan scrunched up her face and leaned against the desk soonyoung was sitting on. "sure, let's go get ice cream and braid each other's hair"

"lovely"

"back to the subject" chaehan clapped her hands together. "the fun in ruining people is watching them lose everything. tell me, wonwoo—" the turned to the boy in front of jihan. wonwoo lifted a brow. "would it be fun to watch someone, who doesn't have much to begin with, lose everything?"

"how evil of you" he commented.

"ah" chaehan laughed. "you like picking on those people... in need. almost forgot"