chapter thirty-five

i will make separate series for each of the siblings, focusing on them mainly. 4 books, 1 for each sibling. 

-

yujin jumped when she closed her locker to meet the eyes of no one other than lee jihoon, who was leaning against the locker beside hers. 

"jihoon" she placed a hand above her heart. "you scared me"

he leaned closer, his face near hers. "why? did i make your heart flutter?"

yujin backed away, staring at him as though he'd committed a crime.

"you weren't at my sister's engagement party" he said.

"do i look like i have multimillionaire parents?" she asked jokingly.

"billionaire"

"right" she nodded. 

"your father was there"

"he's mrs. lee's secretary"

"come to my sister and i's birthday party"

yujin furrowed her brows, "i'm sorry?"

"be the celebrant's date" he rephrased. 

his actions didn't match his face. yujin thought he looked too adorable to be the devil that he was.

the suspicion written across yujin's face didn't go unnoticed. jihoon found it amusing.

"what do you say? your father would love to see you all dolled up"

jihoon heaved a sigh when she stayed silent, "still paranoid about what hwayoung- hwayeon- whatever the fuck her name is, told you? did she make me seem that horrible?"

her eyes widened and she brought her arms shoulder level, shaking them in panic, "no, no, that's not- i think you're wonderful!"

taking the opportunity, he leaned forward to look at her face clearly. "you think i'm wonderful?"

he noticed the faint pink that momentarily flashed on her cheeks. she didn't reply.

"you'd look lovely in a ballgown. maybe even lovelier than my sister"

she brought both her hands up to cover her mouth, "hey, don't say that! your sister is beyond beautiful"

"she's my twin" he reminded. "so what do you say?"

she would be lying if she said she thought about saying yes. but then she remembered what and who she was. a chaebol's birthday party is a big deal, a place where a bunch of rich people gather- even more so, there's two celebrants. she wouldn't fit in. she just wouldn't.

a mere secretary's daughter.

"i think i'll pass, but thank you for the invite" she apologetically smiled before she walked away.

jihoon crossed his arms, huffing. the presence of a person made him turn his head.

"rejected by her of all people. how's your pride doing?"

the man scoffed. "pretty good, chae. i'd rather be rejected by her than have you as my date" 

"but oh your father would've love for it to be me" chaehan rolled her eyes. "what are you planning, jihoon? break her heart as revenge? that shit only works in movies"

jihoon crossed his arms before turning his body to face the girl. "and what would you know?"

she took a step closer. "everything"

"you always think you know everything"

"you think i don't know about what happened between you, jihan and yoongi? jihan and i are still tight"