Chapter 24: Phase 2

Chapter 24

Athena

My mind seemed to be in harmony, as if I was floating through space. Seeing all of the Galaxies in our Universe. I was surrounded by stars, billions of them. At the same time, I could distinctively hear Pepper's worried voice and machines beeping. I felt myself being pulled back into reality. My last vision before I woke up was a mountain so high, with a man and a woman waiting patiently at its highest peak.

"Jarvis, it's been two days!"

"Sir, Miss Stark is waking up." Jarvis chimed.

My eyes lids struggled to open, I felt the presence two people by my side.

"Nina...?"

The lights were too bright for me, I fluttered my eyelashes many times to regain my sight. I could see my dad, worried sick, Pepper next to him.

"Finally!" Pepper exhaled in relief. I was embraced by my dad. It was the warmest of hugs that he has ever given me. I embraced him back as he held me close to his glowing chest, the arc reactor's light bothered me, so I took comfort in his shoulder instead. "You had me worried sick kid!" He exclaimed.

I laughed softly, "I'm fine dad!"

"Fine! Fine!" He exclaimed many times. "I almost died I hope you know that!"

"I love you, just stop talking!" I laughed softly. I knew he was trying to make feel guilty, but he really was worried. He's Tony Stark, emotions don't sit well with him.

"I'm just glad you're ok."

"What happened? We found you unconscious in the kitchen." Pepper rubbed my back, my dad was still hugging me.

"I'm fine guys really!" I smile. "Dad you're squishing me.."

"Oh right sorry." He cleared his throat and let me go slightly, but still hugged me.

"How long was I gone for like an hour?" I asked.

"More like two days!" Pepper exclaimed.

My eyes widen in shock, "Two days!" I say inaudibly. "Two days!" I now gain the rights of y voice. "How in the world--"

"What happened Nina?" Dad finally released me and say in front of my bed. "You were at the fridge getting something to eat and suddenly I leave and I come back with Pepper to see you lifeless on the floor?"

"I honestly can't remember anything, all I remeber was dreaming I was in the Galaxies floating around and I don't know it was a nice dream..." I realize I'm making no sense what so ever. Now this is going to bother me. I won't rest till I find a valid answer to all of this. "What was Jarvis's diagnosis?"

My dad looked up, queuing Jarvis to finally speak. "Miss Stark went through a shock level causing her to become unconscious."

"That's it?" I say waiting around for more. "Really Jarvis?"

"My apologies Miss Stark, but I believe my diagnosis is 100% accurate."

I shook my head trying to remember what must have shocked me, the most frustrating part is that I can't recall anything before I opened the fridge. Nothing. I'm not going to go crazy trying to find and answer.

"I can't remember...." I look at my hands and play with my fingers. I hear my dad sigh. I don't know if he thinks I don't trust him to tell him, but I really don't have a clue.

"It's ok Nina, just rest." Pepper put her hand on my shoulder for comfort.

"I think I've rested long enough." I said getting up from my bed. "I need to go to Greece."

"Uhh..." My dad got up and followed me out of my room. "I don't think you can.."

I turn around to look at him with an arched eyebrow. "Says who?"

"Says me."

I whip my head to the direction of where the voice came from. Nick Fury.

"Nick?" I questioned.

"Agent Starkenios." He nods but with a questionable look on his face. "Really Stark? You just had to merge both names together?" Fury directs his voice to my dad.

He shrugs, "Aye it sounds pretty cool to me!" Only my dad would.

"Yes sir?" I direct my attention back to Fury.

"We need you in New York." He states.

"Sir, I--I have to go to Greece, you've said so yourself!"

"I know, but you've been out for two days in a row. I was only going to give you those days, but we really need you to come to NYC." He said.

I sigh. "I understand."

"Don't worry you'll go to Greece soon, but for now you have a mission. I'll be waiting outside." He nods and exits through the front door.

My dad scoffs, "Uhg! Every time! He always come unexpectedly to take you away."

"I'll be back!" I go up to hug him.

"No, I'll be seeing you in New York!" He smiles.

"Are you seriously going to babysit me from the sidelines..."

"Nope, Stark Tower is almost finished! So when you're done I expect you in the pent house." He hugs me one last time before hurrying off to the basement.

I assume my things are packed and ready to go. I walk outside to see a SHIELD SUV waiting for me. I sigh and make my way towards it. The door is opened for me revealing Fury by himself. I go in and sit next to him. The driver starts taking off.

"So what is this mission?" I start.

"Consider it a long term one for now with missions here an there, but for now this will do." He hands me a long sleeves white dress that reaches my knees along with white tights, shoes, and a white cap to go on my hair.

"What is this?" I examine all the continents of this costume. "A 1940's nurse? Are you serious Nick!"

"I'll explain more along the way."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hello everyone! I know you're all are wanting to know who the heck are the man and the woman and why can't Athena remember anything? Patience people patience! 😁 I will get there. But any guesses at the moment? Has anybody wonder the title of this chapter? Phase 2 like...? I'll explain! So basically this book will have several phases. Phase 1 just ended meaning now you know somewhat of Athena's back story with her beginnings and now in Phase she's a SHIELD Agent with surprises coming your way! What is this mission she's currently going to? 😏

Xxx Love you all💋