Chapter 4: New Project

Chapter 4

Athena's POV 

I would never say no to some father-daughter bonding with my dad. I'm always up to help him in what ever he needs. Like when I helped him build the many missles for the compnay, which now seems to be going no where, but I trust that my dad will come up with something even more better, which brings us to tonigh at the work shop. 

"Jarvis, you up?" my dad said. 

"For you and Miss Stark, always sir" he replied. 

"I'd like to open a new project file, index as Mark Two" my dad said as I gathered some of the equiptment we needed around the work station. 

"Shall I store this on the Stark Industries Central Database?" Jarvis asked.

"Actually, I don't know who to trust right now. Till further notice, why don't we just keep everything on my private server?" my dad said.

He doesnt know who to trust? What's that about?

"Trust dad?" I said. 

"Working on a secret project, are we, sir?" Jarvis said.

He looked at me and responded, "I don't want this winding up in the wrong hands" 

I shrugged, couldn't complain with that, but Stark Industries is like family, right? 

I gathered more materials while my dad worked on some kind of 'boot' with Dummy. I was putting all the data into the private server while I had my coffee aside. Its going to be a late night, but I dont mind. From what I saw earlier in the halogram that my dad was working on, it looked like a suit of some kind. 

As I kept typing up more data, I heard my dad arguing with Dummy, of course he would be, poor robot. I love him! 

"You're of no benefit at all! Move down to the toe. I got this. Okay, I'm sorry, am I in your way? Up." Dad kept telling Dummy, "Screw it. Don't even move.You're a tragedy!" 

I laughed, "Dad just let Dummy be!"

"He's getting in my way, ehh--Dummy down!' 

Poor Dummy, I swear I do feel like most of our robots have feelings. 

A few hours later, dad had his 'boots' finished. I was really starting to get intrigued by this project. I stood my our robot recorder to watch. 

"Start mark, half a meter, and back and center" he said, "Nina did you get all the data in?"

"Yeah everything's locked and ready!" I said. 

"Dummy, look alive. You're on standby for fire safety" he pointed to Dummy, "You, roll it!" he pointed to the recorder next to me. "Okay. Activate hand controls. We're gonna start off nice and easy. We're gonna see if 10% thrust capacity achieves lift" 

So he's trying to fly? Cool! 

"And three, two, one" he lifted of the floor, but only to hit part of roof behind him, and Dummy being the fire extinguisher, sprayed him.

"Dad!!" I ran to see if he was ok. 

"Uhg, dammit! More calibrations to work on" He said while I tried helping him up. 

"Let's do this!" I said and the both of us walked back to the computers and started to remodel and put new data in. Dad left that work to me while he remodeled next to me, but now with something different, for his arm.