Chapter 20: Welcome Home

Chapter 20

Athena

Today is my dad's birthday, I would never forget. Since my time here in New Mexico, I haven't called him as much as he wanted me too. I couldn't wait to go home and tell him everything I've learned from Thor. I also couldn't leave without saying goodbye to Coulson and Clint. They promised, this wouldn't be the last time I see them. On my way back to Malibu, I had learned several outcomes about my dad.

First, the Monaco incident. It was all over the news and I was now finding out on the plane. Someone had mastered in creating an arc reaction similar to dads and used it against him.

"I can't believe this.." I said to myself, my hands came to my mouth watching the other man with electric whips come at my dad in the middle of the race track. "Poor Happy and Pepper... Oh my god PEPPER!" I scrambled for my phone inside of my bag to get a hold of her. The phone rang and rang and Pepper never answered. I sighed in frustration, she must be loosing it considering she was the acting CEO while I was away. Also, she must be busy getting ready for my dads party this night. Just a few more hours and I'll be in Malibu. I had to stop somewhere and get my dad a gift. Secondly, the government wanted my dad's technology, this is already too much for so to keep myself from not stressing, I decided to take a nap.

I woke up an hour later to realize I was in Malibu, and I had missing calls and texts from Pepper and my godfather Rhodey. Why would my godfather call me? Not that he wouldn't, but when there are more then 4 missing calls back to back, it means something's wrong. I decided to call Pepper first.

"Pepper?" I answered hesitantly.

"Nina!?" She sounded alarmed.

"Pepper? What's going on?" I plugged one ear to hear her better over the music in the background.

"Nina! Tell me you're in Malibu please!?" She said urgently.

"Yeah I am, I just arrived at Stark Industries." I said getting my bags out myself and climbing down the stairs of the plane into a car parked. "What's going on Pep?"

"Just come home, and quickly, you're dad is well--"

"--I'll be there soon, just try to settle him down!" I raised my voice. I knew it, he must be drunk right now. I hanged up and sped off to my house. I want to say I don't blame him for it, but I shouldn't justify him. Some weirdo created an arc reactor and the government wants his Iron Man suits, he'll never give them over, especially when he himself said this technology wouldn't be mastered in 5 to 10 years ensuring America was safe, and out of no where some guy shows up with an arc reactor..? Yeah, he's stressing.

I came to a screeching stop in front of my house. I heard the loud music and commotion going on. I hoped out of the car, jogging to the front door and opened it. Immediately JARVIS recognized me.

"Welcome home Miss Stark!"

"Good to be back JARVIS." I scurried off into one of the many rooms where the party was being held. I walked deeper through the halls following the music as it got louder.

"You know, a lot people ask me--" I heard my dad's voice. I turned the corner and came to find my dad in his Iron Man suit, "Tony how do you go to the bathroom in your suit?" he scrunched his eyes tightly and exhaled, "Just like that!"

EW! Did he just?

"Athena?!"

"Rhodey!" I hugged my godfather. I saw Pepper go up to my dad and take the microphone away from him.

"This is what we call a party..!" She laughed sarcastically.

"I love you all!" Dad said all drunk.

"I appreciate Tony for having this party but now it's time to say goodbye now." Pepper said to the crowd.

"No--but--but, I haven't cut the cake or candles..." He slurred.

I very disappointed with my dad right now. I haven't seen him like this in a very long time. It reminded me of his crazy days back in the nineties where I didn't exist for him, just after mom died. Sure he's had one night stands and has gotten drunk before, but not like this in a long time. I looked up again to see him trying to kiss Pepper, but she kept saying no. She handed him the microphone and took the bottle away from his hands.

"Pepper Potts!" He said and the crowd acknowledged Pepper. "She's right parties over, but the party ended for me hours ago, the after party starts in 15 minutes!" The crowd cheered. Pepper put her head down, Rhodey eyes widen slightly more, I just shook my head and looked down. He still hasn't spotted me in the crowd either. "And if anyone doesn't like it, cough Pepper, there's the exit." He pointed through the glass doors and accidentally blasted the glass causing a commotion, but then everyone started cheering. "YEAH!" He cheered himself on. Pepper looked to me and Rhodey for help. I was about to step in but one of the blonde guests threw a bottle in the air, my dad pointed, and blasted it. The crowd started cheering again. My mouth was agape, seeing everything that's happening. "Another one!" He cheered again. The same blonde threw another bottle in the air for my dad to blast. Rhodey escaped my side and scurried off to my dads lab downstairs. I went around the crowd to get to Pepper. I would at least use my force field shield to go through the crowd, but I don't want to use my powers in public.

"Pepper!"

"Nina! What do we do?" She was alarmed and worried at the same time.

"I--"

The same blonde throwing bottles in the air, now threw a watermelon. Seriously? The crowd cheered again.

"IM ONLY GOING TO SAY THIS ONCE!" The crowds cheers died instantly, everyone turned to my godfather Rhodey, wearing one of my dad's suits. "Get out!" Everyone went for the exit. "You don't deserve one of these, shut it down!" Rhodey raised his voice to my dad. Pepper and I made sure people started leaving the house, till she found Natalie.

"Natalie!" Pepper got her attention.

"Miss Potts." Natalie answered.

"Oh don't you 'Miss Potts' me, I'm on to you, ever since--"My dad and Rhodey came crashing through the ceiling fighting.

"Are you serious!" I said completely pissed off.

"Pepper! Nina!" Happy came and grabbed our arms dragging us away from the scene while some people stayed and watched. My dad and Rhodey kept on fighting, they also scared the rest of the people watching them away. I wanted to step in and stop this fight, but just when I got up to stop them, they blasted at each other causing an explosion. I flew a few feet back.

"Uhg..." I shook my head to regain my sight. The smoke was clearing away. I got up and saw Rhodey fly off with my dad's suit. Dad finally stood up himself, I was a couple of yards away from him with my arms crossed over my chest starring him down. He stopped his fiddling when he realized he wasn't alone.

His mask went up automatically when he saw me, "Nina?!" He said astonished yet happily, but then embarrassed. I could see the happiness in his eyes to finally see me again, but I was too disgusted after everything I've just witnessed.

"I can't believe you..." I exhaled and shook my head in disappointment. I turned on my heels and started walking away from him. I'm really upset and to not make things worse, I decided to go to my room. "We'll talk tomorrow." I said as I walked away, he didn't stop me or said anything in return. He knew I was upset and didn't want to talk, I probably made him feel worse, but I couldn't look at him or have a proper conversation while he was still drunk, I'll wait in the morning when he's sober.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hi guys! Hope you all like this chap! But something's coming pretty soon, maybe you can guess what will be Athena's next mission 😉. I love all of your votes and comments thank you so much for your feedback 💋❤️