Chapter 25: First Time

Chapter 25

Athena

I looked at myself in the mirror countless of times. It seemed as if I had gone back in time to look at the my reflection in the mirrors that stared at me contently. I steadied the cap on my head making sure I hid very well my ombre highlights. I took a deep breath and let it out. I can do this. It's just very light acting...I think. I put the stethoscope around my neck and grabbed my ancient little clipboard. It was ancient to me, 1940's ancient.

The door behind me opened, Agent Coulson came in with a reassuring smile. "Nina." He greeted me with a hug. He was too formal with me, so he knew better then to address me as 'Agent Starkenios' but 'Miss Stark' passed the test too, I'm more open to just plain old Nina. "Are you ready?" He asked.

"Doesn't it look like I am!" I casually twirled around.

He chuckled, "Most definitely!"

I sighed, "How is he? Did you swoon?" I popped my head to the side giving him a grin knowing Phil is a huge fan of his.

"He's still sleeping, but I can't hide my enthusiasm." He smiles.

I suddenly grow serious, yet a bit compassionate about the situation. "It's going to be hard for him to adjust, I can't image the pain he's going to go through..."

Phil sighs as well, "We know, but that's why you are perfect for the job." He gives me a reassuring smile.

I return the gesture. At the moment I feel my phone vibrating on the desk. I snatch it and exhale. They were all text messages from Harry.

'Nina? Babe where are you?'

'You have me worried sick?'

'Hello! Did I do something wrong? Please answer me baby.'

'I love you...'

My breath hitches at the last text message. I decide to quickly text him back. 'I'm so sorry baby, my dad and I are in New York it was last minute he's finishing Stark Tower, but I promise to call you later.'

"Everything alright?" Coulson peers at me.

"Yeah, everything is fine." I nod reassuringly, but from the look in his face, he doesn't seem to believe me.

"Boyfriend troubles?"

I nod slowly.

"Nina, I know I may not be your dad or anything but as a friend and fellow Agent, but sooner or later you will either have to let him go or disappear, you're an Agent for a super secret government association. He can't know what you do, or you'll be risking his life..."

Wow okay, I wasn't ready for that. I gulp and nod knowing Phil is right. Harry could never know what I do, no matter how much it hurts me. I don't want to keep lying to him. He doesn't deserve that.

I sigh deeply and Phil watches me with sympathy, "I know Phil I will eventually just let him go..."

"Nina I--" He was interrupted by the voice in his earpiece. He nods reassuringly. "Agent Starkenios will be there, over." He communicated and looked back to me. "He's starting to wake up."

I exhaled, "It's showtime." I give Phil a hug and he leads me out the door.

"If anything goes wrong, you know what to do." He informs me and I nod. "Good luck Nina."

I walk with my clipboard in hands and wait patiently outside the set 'recovery room' with another agent dressed as a 1940's agent. We both hear the radio that was broadcasting a ball game from back then.