Chapter 46: A Godly Visit

Chapter 46

Steve stirred the next morning. Waking up to the sun's rays penetrating his living room curtains. He smiled at himself knowing that Athena's surprise visit was better than he hoped for. They ended sleeping once again, together on the couch. A blanket over them and Steve's strong arms holding her close. He couldn't remember when they both fell asleep, but it was safe to say that after their third Christmas movie marathon, they were knocked out.

Steve looked down to see Athena with her head resting softly on his chest and her right leg hooked on his hip. Smiling, he brought his lips down to her forehead, giving her a soft kiss. His arm that was wrapped around her was stroking and making shapes on her lower back. He didn't know why he'd become so lucky, but he did. The woman before him was more than just a goddess to him, she was the love of his life. He'd never had such strong feelings and connection with anyone, other than Athena.

Perhaps, it was meant to be. Perhaps crash landing into the Arctic was meant to be. Waking up seventy years later, was meant to be. Athena arriving to Earth in the early 1990's was meant to be, because Steve could not see himself or be without the beautiful woman laying on top of him.

"I'm so lucky..." he said, stroking his fingers on her soft skin.

He had never felt more alive then when he was with her. Less frozen, if we are talking in technical terms. The thought that she was going to be moving in within a few months was going to become reality. He was a bit nervous of the unknown waters they would travel through as a couple, but as long as she was with him, he was ready.

After ten minutes of stroking her back, Athena began to stir. Her arm came to his hard chest before making its way to Steve's neck. She hazily woke up and looked up to Steve with hooded sleepy eyes, and smiled.

"Hi..." she said somberly and cleared her throat to shake away her sleepy voice.

"Good morning, doll," Steve said bringing his finger to her chin, lifting it up to give her a kiss.

"Good morning," she smiled after he pulled his lips away, "how long have you been up?"

"Mm, not long, just admiring the view," he said almost seductively at her.

Athena blushed and giggled, "smooth Rogers."

He laughed, and kissed the top of her head. Vanilla scented. Always. "Made you blush, doll," he grinned.

"Mm, I love you," Athena reached up again to give him a kiss.

"And I love you, breakfast on me?"

"Sure, as long as it's not pancakes!"

"What's wrong with pancakes?"

"I'm just bored of them, something new would be great!" Athena stood up from the couch, making her way to the shower.

"Coming right up doll!" Steve called going into the kitchen to put out some ingredients.

Living alone for a about a month or so, he learned the uses of the kitchen and its technology, due to Kate. Kate was his next door neighbor and a friendly nurse. Steve could not thank her enough for her help and also in navigating his new smartphone, where he learned how to operate and watch cooking videos. He was amazed how everything was just in a little device at the palms of his hands.

Going into the refrigerator, he took out some eggs, ham, milk, cheese, bell pepper, and just a bit of onion. A French omelette it was. He didn't need his phone this time to watch the video on how it was done. He had achieved memory and if he would say so himself, perfection to the recipe. He whisked and chopped the necessary ingredients, before placing them all together on the sauté pan.