Chapter 8: Moment of Truth

Chapter 8

Third Person POV

Pepper and Athena walked inside Stark Industries with Agent Coulson and the rest of the agents trying to look for Obadiah.

"Sector 16...Sector 16" Pepper kept saying trying to look for it, " There it is"

Pepper took out her key and presented it so the door could open. She tried it various time and nothing was happening.

"My key's not working, it's not opening the door" she said.

"Let me try mine" Athena said taking out hers, she tried it various times, and got the same results.

Agent Coulson took out a small device and place it on the lock.

"Oh wow! What is that? Is a little device that's gonna pick the lock?" Pepper said.

"The both of you might want to step back a little" Coulson said.

Pepper and Athena moved back and earmuffed their ears expecting a loud explosion.

o.O.o

Back at the Stark mansion, Tony was getting in his suit, while Rhodey watched in pure amazement.

"That's the coolest thing I've ever seen" Rhodey said.

"Not bad huh? Let's do it!" Tony said.

"You need me to do anything else?" Rhodey asked.

"Keep the skies clear" Tony said and he flew out at great speed.

"Damn!" Rhodey said and looked over at another suit, "Next time baby"

o.O.o

When the door to Sector 16 popped open, Agent Coulson led the way followed by Athena, Pepper, and the rest of the agents. They all stoped to look at suit that was right by the entrance.

"Looks like you were right, he was building another suit" Coulson said.

"I thought it'd be bigger" Pepper said.

"Yeah... I thought so too" Athena said.

Athena looked over her shoulder, she could've sworn she heard something. In this situation, she knew she had to follow what her senses were telling her.

"He's here" Athena said, "Move out...."

The agents had guns in their hands ready and were quietly searching the perimeter. Pepper was also walking around to see what else they could find. Athena walked around and came across screens showing samples of the suit, but her senses were leading her to a darker place filled with chains hanging down, she stopped for a moment in front of them and looked straight ahead. Big bright eyes appeared, it was Obadiah in the suit.

No fear appeared across her face, but once Obadiah came charging, she had to make a run for it and warned everyone else.

"We need to get out of here!" Athena yelled and ran to the exit while grabbing Pepper by the hand. The agents stood behind to open fire.

Athena could also feel that her dad was near, he was on his way to Stark Industries. Athena and Pepper walked out of the building frantically, but Pepper noticed something.

"It's quiet" she said.

"Too quiet" Athena said.

"Pepper? Nina? Anyone?"

"Dad!!" Athena said, both Pepper and her had bluetooth's.

"Are you ok?" Tony said.

"Yeah I'm fine, just really pissed off" Athena said.