Chapter 27: New Home

Chapter 27

"Well... Here we are!" I opened the door to Steve's new home. I held it open for him waiting to go in. He hesitated and analyzed his new apartment from the door frame. I heard his sigh, and I felt an ache in my heart, but of disappointment. This is going to be more harder then I thought. I really want to feel his loneliness the sense of starting over again in a different era alone, but as much as I try to relate, I can't. All I can do is to be there for him.

I walked in after him, letting him familiarize himself with his new home. "If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!" I called as he disappeared into a room. I took a sit on the sofa, waiting for him to come back. My hands held a file, a file for him to look at in his own time. I bite my lip contemplating whether or not to leave him alone. A part of me feels that he does, but then what if he's curious and has questions?

"Thank you Miss Athena." I snap out of my thoughts and see h standing before me with a genuine smile on his face.

Slowly the corners of my lips curl up into a smile as well. "Your welcome, I hope it's comfortable enough for you."

"It is." He smiles and the room falls silent. I take this as my queue to get up and hand him the file.

"This." I introduced the file, "Is for you, anything you wanted to know is in here." I handed it to him.

He didn't hesitate in taking it, but he did in opening it. "If you want, I can leave and give you privacy." I noticed his face fell slightly, "..but I'm just a door away." I said. He stares at me confused and I laugh softly and guide him back towards the door frame. "See this door?" I stand just to side of his doorframe, "This is my apartment, did you think being your mentor and all you would be alone?"

"I can't thank you enough Miss Athena." He said politely.

"No need to thank me Captain, Director Fury's orders."

His smile was sincere, "I'm sure your father must be waiting for you Miss, I'll--I'll manage a few hours to myself, thank you for everything."

I smile widely at his politeness, "I'll be back in a few hours ok Captain!" I playfully saluted him and he chuckled. I climbed down the stairs, I could feel his eyes on my as I climbed down. I gracefully went into the SUV and and drive towards Stark Tower.

I parked the SUV in the garage of the tower, I climbed out and Jarvis greeted me. "Welcome Miss Stark!"

"Good to hear you Jarvis!" I walk into the elevator. "Please take to my wherever my dad is please."

"Certainly Miss Stark!" Jarvis chimed. I felt the elevator moving up all the levels. In the meantime my thoughts went back to Steve. I knew that once I go back to the apartment I would have many questions from him. He's probably already read all of it. Even my file was there. Me, as in Athena Stark adopted daughter or Anthony Stark, Level 6 Agent of SHIELD, otherwise known as the Greek Goddess. Yeah, he must be freaking out.

I shook my thoughts away and noticed Jarvis had taken me to the pent house, almost the very top of the tower. I walk into the room seeing Pepper analyze the construction while my dad had parts of his Iron Man suit on helping lift the heavy objects.

"Nina!" Pepper called and gave me a hug. I hugged her back and she released me.

"Daughter dearest!" My dad landed next to me and playfully pulled me away from Pepper to give me a hug.

"Missed you too!" I laughed hugging him back.

"Did you give Fury my flowers?" He asked sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"No, I'm working remember, I barely see the man." I reminded him.

"Well then!" My dad scoffed. "I don't think baby sitting an old man is much of a job."

I slapped his arm playfully, "Dad! It's not funny" I warned him. "Besides its not so bad, and this old guy who you so called was the man grandpa never shut up about when you were a kid.. Sooo.."

"Yeah yeah..." He waved on. "Your own floor is finished so whenever you want to take a look." He joined the sweaty team of men.

"Since you're working, I'll just take some food and go back to the Cap, I'll be back later tonight for bed ok!" He waved me off and Pepper handed me bowls of food she had made. I had contacted her earlier saying if she could make anything for the Captain and I. I'm sure he has lots of questions.

Once I reached the garage, I climb back in the SUV and drives towards my temporary home. As I'm driving I remember I promised Harry I would talk to him, the sun was just setting and I hadn't contacted him. I sighed to my self and shook my head in disappointment. I can't keep lying to him.

When I knock on the Captain's door, it takes a second for him to answer. "Miss Athena." He says surprisingly. From his tone I can assure that he has finished reading the files.

"Hi Cap!" I enter through the door. "I brought some food, pretty sure you must be hungry!" I lay the bowls on his small table. "Hopefully you like pasta because Pepper's is delicious!"

"Pepper?" He questions confused.

"My dads personal assistant slash girlfriend slash like a mom to me." I smile as I set the table.

"Here let me help you with that ma'am." He sees me bringing plates over and I abruptly stop and give him a look. "Miss Athena!" He chuckles.

I laugh and let him help me setting everything up. As I sit down in my place he sits across from me. I obviously don't hesitate in getting started with my plate. "Dig in Steve! Don't be shy!" He grins and starts taking bites.

Throughout our small he stays mostly quiet. I can see through his hard facials that he's thinking hard as to how to start a conversation with me, but I make it easier for him and ask him random questions about back in the day. Sooner or later this file will be discussed and it's better now then never.

"Do you have any questions about your file?" I casually ask him and take a sip of my water.

"A few, but I feel that as my mentor to get started in any other lesson we must get to know each other first.." He starts.

I knew it, it's not hard to miss my file in SHIELD. "Couldn't agree more Cap, what is your question?"

"A Greek Goddess that controls the elements?"

•••••••••••••••••
Hi loves! First of all I want thank you all SOMUCH!! More than 1k votes! Ahh 💗😍 Thank you for supporting my first ever Captain America Fic! Now next chapter gets a little bit more interesting? Any ideas? Let me know!!

xxx Love yall 💋✌️