Chapter 28: A Greek Goddess

Chapter 28

"A Greek Goddess that controls the elements?"

I smiled and pursed my lips together, a small laugh however escaped my lips. I kept the smile and shook my head lightly. "Yes, I can control the elements Captain." I had finally looked him in the eye. He was a mixture of confused and surprised. "No I'm not an experiment, I was born this way..."

"Ma'am--Oh--I--I--" He stuttered and finally sighed.

"It's ok Captain, please feel free to ask, I won't judge." I say sincerely. I can also sense his trust in opening up to me, but he has trouble with it.

"How--how is that possible? I'm sorry--Miss Athena, but--but you're the grand daughter of Howard--how.."

"I'm adopted Steve..." I say slowly. "My dad, Tony Stark. I was dropped off in a basket in front of his home almost 21 years ago, I was only about a month old baby..."

He slumped slowly back in his chair, taking in the small bit of information I had just given him. "Oh..." He says. "I see...."

I sigh, "I know this is a lot of information to take in, especially in your first day back into the real world... But yeah Gods and other types of super humans exist..."

He stays quiet for a while and I bite my lip. I felt an ache in my heart as if I was being judge by him. I was surprised at my own emotions for this. A stranger is already judging me, and my mind suddenly goes to Harry. What would he think if I told him what I really am? Would he think me a freak? Like how the Captain is probably thinking of me now. Or would he hate me for lying so much to him?

"Miss Athena!"

"Huh?" I snap out of my thoughts. I see the face of the Captain shocked. It just so happens I froze part of the table. "Oh!" I realized what I've done. Before I do anything else, I look at him first and study his features, he seems...anxious. I no longer hesitate and put my hand over the frost. I can feel my hand starting to heat up, underneath the frost starts to melt and the Captain's eyes widen seeing what I can do. Once everything was melted, I grabbed a paper towel to clean up the mess.

I stare at him now, he's speechless. I can't tell what's going through his mind, but he's amazed. "So your father is Ze--Zeus?"

He speaks!

I nod, "Yes, but I've never met them, I was sent out of Olympus to be protected from my father's enemies and ever since then they haven't made an appearance in my life, well at least I don't think so."

"They will soon Miss Athena, you're an extraordinary person!" He smiles. I feel a sudden warmth in me. Is that my heart fluttering?

"You barely know me Captain." I add with a small laugh.

"Well!" He chuckles, "So far you are, and please call me Steve." He adds with another smile. I can help but admire how beautiful he is.

"Then drop the whole 'Miss Athena' thing and we'll get somewhere!" I crossed my arms looking up to him as a challenge. His lips slowly curled up into a smile that made my heart flutter. I'm ignoring those feelings because this is Captain America and yes he is downright sexy and all, even though he doesn't try to be, but this is my job and I'm taking it seriously.

"Ok! Athena!" He joked. "Wait! So you--you were born when exactly?"

"Now that's a little more harder to explain, I was born before humanity even flourished, but traveling between worlds or dimensions sped up the time in Earth and well a month later it was it was the early 90's and I was dropped off at my dads, Olympian travel is weird, I still don't understand it, but yeah I'm thousands or millions of years old in humanity, but as an Olympian 20."