Chapter 14: New Mexico?

Chapter 14

"You can't just simply take her like that with out giving me a weeks warning!"

Tony and Director Fury have been arguing for hours about the directors short notice that Athena had to leave for her first ever mission.

"I'm not saying she's going to be out of the country!" The director tried to explain to Tony, he was clearly pissed off if you would say. Just out of the blue, when he least expected it, his baby girl was leaving and he didn't know for how long.

"I just made her CEO!" Tony shot back, he was trying to come up with any type of excuse to forbid Fury from taking her.

It was early in the morning, and usual Athena was still in bed, but as Tony and Fury kept arguing, she started to wake up to their constant shouting.

"What the hell..." Athena yawned waking up, "Jarvis, what's going on? What time is it?"

"Good morning Miss Stark it is 10 am, I believe your father is arguing with Director Nick Fury of SHIELD"

"Fury? Here? Snap!" Athena said getting out of bed quickly and went to see what was going on.

"You're still not listening to a word I'm saying!" Fury told Tony.

"I don't need to--"

"What's going on!? Why are you two fighting!" Athena interrupted their argument.

"What are you doing awake?" Tony questioned.

"Well you two woke me up! What the hell!"

"Fury here is being a pain in my ass!" Tony said annoyed.

"Why?" Athena now turned to Fury.

"Like I've been trying to explain your dad here is that, you need to be off for your first mission in a few hours" Fury replied.

"Whoa!" Athena smiled, "Really? Where?" She couldn't hide her excitement, but she didn't notice that it actually hurt Tony. His face dropped, he was hoping she would lash out at Fury too for such a short notice.

"New Mexico"

"New Mexico?" Athena raised an eyebrow, she was hoping for something more exciting.

"I see" Tony said with a disappointing look.

"Dad..." She hugged Tony tightly and he returned the gesture, but with his eyes just a bit watery.

What is this? Tony Stark in the verge of tears? Yes, only because reality hit him, his princess was going to be gone.

"I love you dad!" Athena said smiling, which caused Tony to choke up a bit, "I'll be ok..."

"It's just that--"

"No you don't need to explain old man, I already know" Athena looked up to Tony heartily and hugged him again.

"Why New Mexico?" Tony asked letting out a breath.

"Like I was trying to explain, but you didn't let me" Fury started, "There have been unusual turbulences in the skies lately"

"What?" Athena said confused.

"We believe it's some sort of portal"

"What does it have to do with me?" Athena said.

"A portal from maybe another world, most likely Olympus, there's an astrophysicist there by the name of Jane Foster who has large amounts of research in the field and just a few hours ago, Coulson called me, the citizens found a crater with a hammer attached to it, it must've came from another world, and the only world we know so far is Olympus"

Both Tony and Athena were completely speechless.

"So... Are you trying to say that someone might have answers about me?"

"Yes Athena" Fury replied, "You will be with Coulson at all times trying to figure this out, your plane leaves in about an hour..."

"Whoa..! Ok um, can you give me a moment, I'd like to speak with my dad alone" Athena said and Fury nodded and stepped out to give them alone time.

Tony sighed,"You need to get going then"

"Dad, you know I love you right" she said cautiously.

"If you think I'm upset about this no, I'm not!" Tony smiled, "I'm happy for you, I guess I should've let Fury explain, but you need answers, so do I! If this is about finding out who you truly are and why you're here then go! You know I'll miss ya!"

"So you're not pissed off?" Athena smiled.

"Naw, well I was cus it was short notice, but you better call me everyday kid!" Tony hugged his daughter, "Go kick some ass!"

"I love you!" Athena laughed, "And just because this is my first mission doesn't mean I'm moving out!"

"I know, I know! Just stay safe!" He kissed her forehead.

"Sure will! I'll miss you! Hopefully I can be back home before Monaco or your birthday!"

"You better be or I'll disown you" Tony joked.

Athena laughed, "Let me go pack!"

"Um, I think Pepper's got it" Tony said, Athena turned around to see Pepper with a bittersweet smile on her face with her luggage in hand.

"Then let me get changed real quick!" Athena went to her room and put on the first thing she saw that looked professional enough to go on the mission and meet Coulson. She came back out and took her luggage from Pepper, "Thanks Pep!" She hugged her, "Now I don't want you two fighting while I'm gone!" She warned both her dad and Pepper, "And just because I'll be gone for I don't know how much, Pepper is still going to keep you in line dad!"

"Aw man!" Tony whined.

"I love you Pep! See you soon!" Athena hugged Pepper and then went to hug her dad again, she knew Fury was still waiting outside, "I love you dad! I'll be home soon!"

"You know I'm going to be one of those annoying parents and call you every 10 minutes right?" He looked at her amusingly causing Athena to laugh.

"I don't care, just keep in touch with me!" She hugged her father.

"I love you too, stay safe" Tony kissed his daughters forehead.

The moment he feared was finally here, she was leaving for her first mission, but she wasn't leaving forever.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi guys! I hoped you all like this chapter! Let me know how do you think it's gonna go for Athena in New Mexico! And also, I promise to update this week for sure, I have two other stories I need to keep up with! But that's doesn't mean I'll leave you guys hanging! Thanks for all of your feedback so far! ❤️