Chapter 37: A Team In The Making

Chapter 37

"Natasha Romanoff!" Athena said smirking as the Black Widow herself made her way towards the goddess, with a smile on her face. It was unusual for the other agents in the hellicarrier to see Natasha with a friendly smile.

"Miss Stark," Natasha retorted making Athena drop her smirk, "I'm kidding, it's good to see you Nina!"

"Good to see you too Nat, how do you feel, you know with Clint being apprehended by this Loki dumbass, I know you two were close."

Natasha sighed, "I can only hope he doesn't harm him, Clint can't be that far gone, I know he's still in there somewhere."

Natasha may not be the most open person around, but with Athena that was surely going to change. The bond that they had formed together while missioning in Greece before Athena's disappearance, had made them close.

"Do you think this face trace will work fast enough to find him?" Natasha asked.

"To be honest Nat, I don't think so, which is why you were sent to bring Dr. Banner, hopefully he has a better plan than this."

"And Coulson was getting you, your dad, and Captain Rogers."

"What?" Athena said shocked, "Steve is coming?" Her senses hyped up just knowing that she would see him again.

"I see you are on first name basis with him," Natasha smirked.

"I was his teacher Nat, nothing more, just how we were too."

"Ah huh, keep telling yourself that Nina, I'll be back," Natasha smirked as she left.

Athena rolled her eyes playfully, and wondered if she had become transparent enough for Natasha to notice her sudden excitement for seeing Steve again.

As the face trace began, Coulson came in and stood by Athena's side. She felt the engines starting to engage, soon they would all be in the air.

From the other side of the hellicarrier, Natasha was coming in with Dr. Banner and Steve. Athena smiled as she noticed him take in the view around them, amazed by the technology and architecture. She decided to greet Dr. Banner who seemed to be a bit off place.

"Dr. Banner, it's a pleasure to meet you," Athena said as she extended her hand for him to shake.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Miss Stark."

"It'll be a pleasure to work with you once my dad arrives, but please call me Nina," Athena smiled.

"I'm looking forward to it, Nina," he replied politely.

She noticed Steve came by and was ready to greet her, until Fury came.

"Gentleman," Fury said.

Steve went up to him and gave him a $10 bill. Fury greeted the doctor and Athena stayed behind as the face trace continued.  Steve was still too amazed at the grandeur of the Hellicarrier to greet Athena, but in sincerity it was because he couldn't muster up the courage in how to talk to her. He was never good at talking with beautiful women.

"Agent Romanoff, could you show Dr. Banner to his laboratory please," Fury announced.

"You're gonna love it doc, we got all the toys," Natasha said as Bruce followed behind her.

Athena was also going to exit the command room before Fury called her again.

"Agent Starkenios, mind showing Captain Rogers his sleeping quarters and where his new uniform is located?"