Chapter 32: We Are Waiting For You...

Chapter 32

Why does the air feel thin? I have a pouring headache, and a high pitched screech that is slowly tearing me apart. I am coming undone before Steve who is deeply alarmed and concerned. He tries to pick me up, but the quake outside of the city only grows as my pain grows inside of me.

"Athena! Athena!"

"Get--Director--Fury--my dad--" I collapse before him. Rain, wind, earth, and fire were having a battle outside. I hold both sides of my head trying to conceal the the screeching noise, making my head heavier by the second. "Make it stop!" I cry in pain. Tears are pouring from my eyes, Steve has no choice but to carry me down the steps carefully as the ground shakes.

"You're going to be okay Athena, you're going to be okay." He kept repeating and it was truly comforting to hear the sound of his voice. It made me forget of my pain for a moment, but once he stopped it came rushing back, worse then before.

"Please don't stop talking." I pleaded still holding both sides of my head.

"What--what do you want me to say?" He noticed that it was his voice that eased my pain. I smiled, well the little that I could to show my gratitude. Steve went on about random things. What he liked to do in his spare time and he even mentioned his best friend named Bucky and how he missed him dearly. When he had reached the end of the stair case with me in his arms, the sirens of the police were coming from everywhere. He walked outside and stood at the doorway looking to both sides of the street. He had no idea where to go and I couldn't exactly let him.

He rambled on about his days in the war, and I tried focusing only at the sound of his voice. Any type of pain in my body, I tried to block it out.

"What's happening Athena?" Steve tried to hold me close, an earthquake has never lasted this long in New York.

"I--I--don't--know--" I yelped. The sirens of the police cars were only getting closer, increasing the amount of pressure and pain into my brain.

"Athena!" Steve stops momentarily, that was Director Fury's voice. Fury along with other agents came running towards us. The agents guided Steve towards a SHIELD vehicle. Steve was careful enough to get in with me still in his arms, as I'm containing my headache.

The last painful moment I remember was a very high pitch, higher then anything else in this planet that made me lose conscious absolutely.

***

"Metis!"

"He's attacking her!"

Metis sister, an oceanid, tried stopping her from leaving Olympus. Zeus was very clear in prohibiting anyone to leave Olympus. The Olympians became concerned when Zeus announced that no one in the dimension was allowed to teleport out. His rules were very strict, the punishment would be severe for anyone who crossed him. Metis did have a good reason to leave the dimension, her daughter is currently being attacked severely by the minions of Thanos.

Thanos will never stop till he gets what he wants from Athena.

Metis stopped her struggles to break free from her sister to teleport straight to Mount Olympus. The guards were armed and their stare intimidating, but not for Metis. They eyed her with fierce eyes, yet once she opened the gates to the kingdom, they didn't move a muscle and let her go through freely. Metis was expecting all of the Council of God's to be seated in their thrones with Zeus and Hera in the top center. Instead, Zeus was in the center of it all waiting patiently as it seemed.

"I already know why you're here--"

"Do you!" Metis interrupted him.

"I was waiting for you actually."