Chapter 29: Unknown Presence

Chapter 29

"My parents..." I whispered in shock. The realization just hit me like a truck. Steve saying I was roaming the halls, to this unexpected thunderstorm, and to I having this vivid dream of them both.

"Athena!"

I shook my head and looked at a worried Steve eyeing me closely, "Are you ok?"

"I--I don't know..." I scan the gym, trying to find the woman that Steve had mentioned. "You said I was roaming the halls?" I look back to him.

He shrugs, "Well, she looked like you..."

"Where?"

"There." He point to the staircase. I grab his arm and lead him out of the gym. I glance both ways in the hall, it was deserted.

"You sure Steve?" I look back at him.

"I'm sure Athena, what's this all about?"

I sigh, "Steve, I've never met my parents, my birth parents, ever!" I exclaim, "...but before I came down here, I had a very...very vivid dream of them... I think, and suddenly There's a thunderstorm? When the weather guy said we were supposed to have clear skies!" I was loosing it.

He purses his lips and gulps for moment, "Well..." He scratches the back of his head, "if anything it makes the weather man seem like a liar!"

I snort up into laughter! Did Captain America just had his first joke? "Oh Steve!" I'm telling you this guy can be sexy without even trying.

"What's a weather man?" He asks innocently, which adds to his sexiness.

"You are too cute!" I laugh softly. The corners of his lips curl up slowly as he blushes. I grab his hand and lead him upstairs. "That's tomorrow's lesson, for now just forget everything--"

"But there was a woman here Athena..." He says slowly, "You're not worried?"

"I mean, I don't sense any danger at all so we'll be fine Steve!" I assure him and I stop in front of my door. I wanted to say that it was bedtime, but considering he's not at all tired after just waking up from a very long slumber I just stand there...awkwardly.

"Goodnight Athena." He smiles. "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine! Lessons start first thing tomorrow...?"

"Yes! You need to catch up on many things, see you tomorrow Steve..." I smile and awkwardly wave as I step into my apartment and close the door.

See you tomorrow? Really Athena Stark!

It's already 5 am, how can I go back to sleep? After what Steve said, my mind won't be at rest.

I open the door to my bedroom and see the storm from across the wide window. Rain was pouring over the streets of the city, thunder and lightning in the distance. It was powerful, the energy crackling in the sky was magnifying. I walked across to put my hands on the glass, I looked up to sky with wonder. If Steve did see someone, and I did have that dream, then Fury was right. My presence is known throughout the realms then. I gulp. If my real parents sent me away all those years ago because of their enemies, now that I'm supposedly 'alive' will those enemies try to attack me?

I stride my hands through my hair seeing the beauty of the storm. In the distance of my room, I can hear my phone ringing. I step away from the window to look inside of my bag. My dads name appears in the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Wow! Didn't think you would answer!" I could hear my dads usual sassy voice.