Chapter 16: You've Been Found

Chapter 16

"Years of research, gone." Jane said in shock, Selvig and Darcy where sitting on top of their place overlooking Puente Antiguo, still in shock that SHIELD got away with all of their research.

"They even took my iPod" Darcy chimed in.

"And your back-ups?" Selvig asked.

"Look around!" Jane gestured to the empty space, "They took our back- ups. They took the back-ups of our back-ups"

"I just downloaded, like, thirty songs on there" Darcy said still ranting about her iPod.

"Will you please stop talking about your iPod?!" Jane said to Darcy, "Who are these people?" Jane turned to Selvig.

"No one knows much about them. But I knew a scientist, a pioneer in gamma radiation. SHIELD showed up,and he was never heard from again" Selvig explained.

"I'm not going to let them do this. I'm getting everything back" Jane said starting to get back up.

"Please, let me contact one of my colleagues. Dr. Pym has had some dealings with these people. I'll e-mail him and see if he can help" Selvig said.

"They took your laptop, too" Darcy said making Selvig shake his head.

o.O.o

Selvig and Jane drive up in front of the town's library.

"I'll just be a minute" Selvig says going up to the library.

Jane sighs and waits in the RV, but when she looks up she sees Thor walking into a pet shop, she sped up to see what he was up to.

"Hey!" She called out. Thor turned around to see her, "You still need a lift?" Thor smiled and got in the RV, they were going to go to the crater sight.

Jane drives on the desert terrain heading for te crater sight, she is beyond excited because Thor said he would give her answers, answers that she needs for her research and to keep on developing.

"I've never done anything like this before!" Jane said nervously but excited at the same time, "Have you ever done anything like this before?"

Thor looks amused by her excitement, "Many times. You're brave to do it" he smiled at her.

"They just stole my entire life's work. I really don't have anything left to lose" Jane shrugged her shoulders.

"But you're clever" Thor smiled, "Far more clever than anyone else in this Realm"

""This Realm?"" Jane mocks Thor, "Why do you talk like that?

"You think me strange?" Thor said with a slight grin on his face, Jane laughs, but catches herself, "Yeah. Just a little"

"Good strange or bad strange?" Thor asked in anticipation.

"I'm not quite sure yet" Jane smiles bitting her lip. She looks at him, sees him staring at her. She's lost in his gaze, distracted, when the RV slides of the dirt road. She quickly turns her eyes forward and regains control of the car, "Sorry" she laughs at herself and glances back at him. He's confident, determined, "Who are you? Really?"

"You'll see soon enough" Thor answers confidently.

"You promised me answers" Jane reminded him.

Thor looks at her, charmed by her persistence, "What you seek -- it's a bride"

"A bridge?" Jane questions, "Like an Einstein-Rosen Bridge?"

"More like a rainbow bridge" Thor smiles.