Chapter 1

I stood in my mirror and stare at my face. My eyes were sunken in, my hair was overgrown, my skin's pale, my eyes look dead. I look more tired than I ever have and my body had become frail and small.

Being in a month long coma takes a large toll on the body. My wet hair stuck to my body as my eyes drift to the large scar that overtook my right shoulder.

It was tinted red and looked more painful than it really was. I limp as I turn around and pull my hair up with my left hand to show my scar covered back.

"Such an ugly mess." I drop my hair and grab the clothing my father brought me.

"You could barely hold your own against that villain." I wince in pain as I pull my shirt over my head.

"Pathetic."

"Shut up." I grip onto the counter of the washroom and shake my head.

"Only the strong get to survive, you're weak."

"Shut up." A month, a whole month I spent my time cooped up in a hospital room completely unconscious with daily visits from Recovery Girl.

After a week of being awake with the visits from Recovery Girl my broken bones healed but the scars were still there. Mentally and physically.

"Nakano, you okay in there?" I push myself off the counter and pull my track pants on.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"He doesn't care." I open the door of the washroom and the steam drifts from behind me.

My dad sat in the plush chair beside my hospital bed with his right crossed over his left. He was doing paperwork, probably signing off on purchases within the restaurant.

"When am I getting out of the hospital?" He looked up at me and pulled his glasses off his face.

"Tomorrow." He watched me get into the bed before going back to his paperwork.

"I'm attending the Sports Festival."

"Nakano, you've been in a coma for a month, the Sports Festival has since passed." I nodded and he handed me a folder filled with signed papers to keep in my lap.

"I guess I forgot." I gave a nod and subconsciously ran my hand over my lower face.

"Any new adaptations on your quirk?" After the fight a new mutation of my quirk appeared.

These gold flake-shaped scales appeared under my eyes and on my shoulders, every time I used my quirk they would glow.

"Nothing more than the scales." I pushed my hair back through my fingers as I leaned back in my bed with a small wince.

"Todoroki dropped in well you were in the shower." I looked over at my father as his loose hair dropped over his eyes as he adjusted his glasses.

"Really?" He chuckled at me and reached beside him and waved a packet of vanilla pocky.

"Must be real close for him to know these are your favourite." I blushed as I grabbed the box and shoved a pocky in my mouth before I could stutter out an embarrassing answer.

"Whatever, he's just a friend." Dad chuckled and reached over and grabbed a pocky out of the box.

"Hey, hands off old man!"