Chapter 28

I stared at my new room and the boxes that accumulated. I moved my dresser, desk, and bed where I wanted them before I started with assembling the things that needed doing so like my bookshelf and nightstand. I put up my posters and hung my corkboard up with adhesive hooks. I put my clothing away in the dresser and set up my desk and put my laptop on top along with school books.

I put the two pictures I brought on top of my bookshelf carefully making sure not to break the hand carved frames. One is of my mother and I well she was in her hero costume and the other picture is a classic family photo.

I put my books away and made my bed with the new black sheets I bought. I put up my black out curtains but left them open for the time being. I put the bedding that was supplied in a storage bin and put it in my closet.

I set up my Keurig machine on top of the mini-fridge I bought and put my coffee and sugar beside it. It was a simple single serve coffee machine but it dispenses hot water and came with a pack of 4 capsule pods so I could keep buying coffee grounds and I could also make tea.

I gave my room a look around before realizing what I was missing. I looked through my boxes one more time before finding what I was looking for.

My Violin.

I know, classic instrument for a girl who was raised rich to play. I wasn't forced to play the violin but instead played it because when I first got my quirk it helped me calm down and I've never been able to quite since. I put my violin on it's stand before I went ahead and broke down my boxes and put them in my closet for storage.

I put my bags under my bed in short piles and hung up my extra uniforms in my closet. I put my laundry basket into my closet as well just to keep it out of eyesight. I nodded satisfied with my work and changed out of my school uniform into something more comfortable. A pair of track pants and my sports bra should be fine, the dormitory is home now. I left a large cotton plaid on the back of my desk chair incase I decided to leave my room.

I grabbed my violin and bow before settling down onto my bed. I tuned the strings before standing up and putting my chin comfortably on the chinrest. I struggled for a moment to get the right note but eventually I got a F#m. I continued till the sound of the chorus of Experience by Ludovico Einaudi played through my violin.

I smiled as I finished off and put my violin at my side as I looked at my mothers picture.

"That was always you're favorite." I put my violin down and picked my phone up as it rang.

"Hey dad."

"I thought I would bring you some food but security wont let me in."

"Okay, I'll be there in 5 minutes so sit tight." I hung up and grabbed the plaid off the back of my chair.

I ran out of my room and made my way to the gates to meet up with my dad. He handed me a cooler bag which he explained was meat for me to make dinner for the class with as a thank you for saving me. He handed me large box filled with drinks and my favorite foods.

"I linked our bank accounts so you don't have to worry about expenses of food and necessities." I nodded and hugged him tightly before kissing his cheek.

"I'll call you when I can after school and visit you on my day off. Drive home safe, love you." I ran back the best I could to the dormitory so I could unpack everything.