Chapter 47

"Shoto?" He shook his head and I held his hand tighter.

"Todoroki!" Inasa approached us and I felt Shoto's hand shift in mine to lace our fingers.

Inasa bowed slamming his head into the ground like he did this morning causing us to jump as he apologized loudly.

"It's my fault you didn't pass the licensing exam! My focus was too narrow minded, forgive me." Shoto looked towards me for a moment before looking back to Inasa.

"You're fine, I'm the one who got us off on a bad start."

"But still."

"And thanks to the things you said to me I have a lot to think about." I nodded Shoto as a silent praise.

"Looks like out classes hierarchy is falling." Iida grabbed Mineta off Shoto's shoulder an set him straight.

"So next we'll give you the pronounce of your results, they include a break down of your points so you know exactly where you need to improve going forwards."

"Tohru." I turned around and grabbed my paper from the man.

"That you." I quickly folded it up and put it in the waistband of my skirt.

"Aren't you gonna look?" I shook my head and squeezed his hand.

"It's not important to me right now. I know what I succeeded in and right now it doesn't matter what I failed on."

"Anyways, moving forward those of you who passed can exercise the same authority as pro heroes, but only during emergency situations. In other words, fighting villains, saving the victims of criminal acts or accidents, you may act using your best judgment with no direct orders. Keep in mind that every action from now on carries with it a deep responsibility that goes towards bettering our society and that the world is watching you."

"I'm sure you're aware All Might our greatest hero no longer has his incredible power. One of the reasons the crime in this country has been so low is due to his presence, with that deterrent gone, criminals are sure to come out bolder and more wide spread. Expect the balance we currently have in our world to be destroyed and for things to change quickly, you young people will be the hope for our future it's imperative that you become exemplary heroes that your reputations grow to suppress crime."

"Remember that the license you earned today is provisional and you still have much to learn to do. I would like of you to think of yourselves as flatulent and be even more diligent in your studies, and as for those who fell short, did not pass, we don't have time for you to feel bitter about your loss. Instead we offer you a chance to redeem yourselves after you attend a three month long special course and pass an individual test. We plan to issue a provisional license to those of who failed as well."

"In order for us to reach the idealist future that I just spoke of we're going to need as many good heroes on the streets as we can get. The first round was to get weak people out but we would like to grow those hundred of you selected in that test as possible. That's why we watched you all till the end so we could see for ourselves that each of you have promise. That once your short comings are corrected that you have the potential to be as great as your fellow classmates."

"This special course will keep you busy as it will run congruently with your normal studies, you're welcome to retake the exam in April if you prefer to wait."

"You hear that Shoto!" I pulled on his arm slightly out of excitement and he smiled down at me.

"We'll be cheering you on."