Chapter 34

I thought about the different aspects of my quirk to create something new for my ultimate move. I could go the obvious route and use my dragon form as my ultimate move but it was too obvious.

I thought about my past training sessions and decided that I could utilize the entirety of my quirk. I knew that I could sprout dragon-like features such as wings, tail, and claws. Maybe I could sprout all three and mix in Dragon Slayer: Dragons Ashes.

That way I would become not only stronger but faster and could integrate my mother into my hero career. I decided to discuss it with Ectoplasm's clone who I was working with and we decided to go along with it and see how it works out.

First we worked on being able to consistently and spontaneously switching between Dragons Ashes and sprouting new limbs. I got tired after about 2 hours of the continuous switching but I tried to keep going. All Might eventually approached me and gave me some advice I heard all too often.

"You're attack looks a lot like an attack an old hero friend of mine had." I turned back to All Might with a blank stare.

"Who are they, maybe I'll look them up. Maybe learn something new."

"Ah, her hero name was Pendragon, she was a great hero." My heart skipped a beat at the mention of my mother.

She's really seeming to come up a lot more lately.

"Yeah, she was." I saw All Might's eyes light up, maybe it was because my mom isn't really known anymore, after she died she got forgotten.

"So you know her."

"All too well." All Might went to say something when Aizawa called him over.

At the end of training my joints hurt from the consistent sprouting of limbs.

"Regarding your costume improvements once you figure out if anything needs to change head to the development studio here, get the experts to help you out and give suggestions, they'll know what to do." My costume didn't need any changes that I could find so I changed out of it and headed back to the dorms for the night.

I called my dad and we talked a little about our separate days and he talked about how quiet the estate was now that I wasn't running around and yelling curses.

"Hey, dad, did mom know All Might on a personal level?"

"Yeah, they were like best friends. I use to be extremely jealous of him when your mother and I started seeing each other. After we got married and you were born he was around for every one of your birthdays when he could. You called him Uncle Mighty, he was even your godfather."

"He used to come for my birthdays, how do I not remember that?"

"He had to stop coming around when you were around 6 because work kept him longer. He still sent you gifts and came when he could, even if it was only for half and hour. He gave you that plush sloth you love so much."

"Why did he stop then?"

"Your mother died, you look so much like her it must have hurt too much for him."

"Hey dad, I need to go do something. I'll call you tomorrow around the same time, don't worry too much if my call's late." I hung up and got changed into something more appropriate than a sports bra and shorts.

I ended up just pulling on a crew neck sweater and a pair of old converse. I rushed to the teachers dormitory and knocked on the door. Present Mic opened the door and I asked for All Might. He was hesitant but called for him anyways. When All Might got to the door I could only say one thing.

"Tatsu Sugawara."

"What?"

"My mother, Tatsu Sugawara, she trained to be a hero here at UA and graduate top of the class. She married a man named Yagi Tohru 17 years ago and they had their first and only child two year after marriage. She kept her marriage and child out of the media for their safety. You visited whenever you could but when their daughter turned 6 you began visiting less. Tatsu Sugawara died 5 years ago to a villain well saving her daughter, that was also the year you stopped visiting all together." I took a deep breath still recovering from running here.

"My mother, Tatsu Sugawara, was the pro hero Pendragon. You knew my mother and you knew me. I called you Uncle Mighty and you're my godfather. You have to believe me because I can't make this shit up because there's nothing about my mother online besides her hero work and quirk and it's all under the name Pendragon."

"You sure have Tatsu's attitude."