Chapter 16

"Shit, he's quick!" I jumped out of the way of the blade and tried to think of ways to used my quirk.

It's pretty much useless in this situation.

"Bakugo, do you think you can trigger your sweat glands?"

"And how do suggest I do that!?"

"HEAT! Shoto, you think you can hold this guy off for a bit!" Todoroki turned to me and glared like I'm psychotic.

"You're not blowing anything up, anyways how are you planning to get close to him?"

"If the tree catch fire you can cover them in ice!"

"The explosion might impair my vision!" Loud banging came from behind us and I could hear Midoriya.

"BAKUGO, TODOROKI, NAKANO!" Shoji ran towards us with Midoriya attached to his back as a large version of Dark Shadow chased them.

"One of you, give us some light!" Dark Shadow pinned the villain down under his claw putting the blades to a stop.

"Shoji, Midoriya--and is that--Tokoyami?" Dark Shadow crushed the ice wall as he roared.

"We need light now, he's out of control!" I stood still as Tokoyami yelled out in either frustration or pain.

"He's attacking blindly. I'll use my fire." Todoroki placed the boy he was carrying down softly before Bakugo stopped him.

When the villain went to attack Dark Shadow stopped his and broke his blades.

"Dark Shadow's reacting to the villains movements. You're leaving the villain to Dark Shadow to finish off." Dark Shadow grabbed the villain and slammed him into trees till the villain couldn't get up.

As soon as the villain was out Todoroki and Bakugo jumped ahead and created light with their quirks. Tokoyami kneeled on the ground panting as Dark Shadow resided.

"Are you okay Tokoyami?" He looked up to me and nodded as he thanked the boys for saving him.

"We could barely handle our own against that guy and you did it instantly." Shoji came up to check on Tokoyami and praised him for doing what they needed.

I could tell that even with all the praise and thanks that Tokoyami felt guilty.

"Shoji, I apologize--you to Midoriya--I'm still to far immature. Anger consumed me and I let my quirk take over. The influence of the darkness combined with fury spurt Dark Shadow into a frenzy until it was so strong I could contain it." Tokoyami glared down at his hands as his brows clutched together.

"And I ended up hurting Shoji."

"We'll deal with that late, that's what you would say if your roles were reversed." Tokoyami looked shocked as Midoriya and I smiled at the strong friendship.

"Okay, I don't know if you heard Mandalay, but I found out the villains are after Kacchan and Nakano."

"Bakugo and Nakano, are they trying to kill them, why?" Bakugo and I stood to the side in confusion as Midoriya and Tokoyami talked.

"I'm not sure, but I think we should get to camp. It's the safest place now, so long as Vlad King and Mr. Aizawa have regrouped there."

"I understand. So our mission is to get Bakugo and Nakano back to safety by serving as their protectors?"

"It's possible the Pussycats are still fighting in the clearing, going that way will attract the attention of the villains plus it's longer. We should cut straight across."

"We don't know how many know how many enemies there are, we might come across them by chance."

"We can use Shoji's search ability and Todoroki's ice power and if Tokoyami's okay with it we can always use Dark Shadow now that we can actually control him."

"Honestly with a group like this we could probably go up against All Might."

"We'd be fine by ourselves." The group turned to Bakugo and I as we spoke in time with each other.

"We'll surround you as we walk."

"I can fight to you know, I'm completely capable!" Todoroki glared at me as a silent way of telling me to leave it be and to let him protect me.

"I don't need your protection damn it!"

"Lets go." Todoroki grabbed my arm and made me walk in front of him as he continued to carry the 1-B boy on his back.

"Don't ignore me damn it."

"Just make sure you keep up." Bakugo kept going on about not telling him what to do as I stripped from my plaid shirt and walked up to Shoji.

"Can I see Midoriya for a moment?" Shoji leaned down to my 5ft height and loosened his hold on the broccoli haired boy.

I ripped my plaid and made quick splits on Midoriya's arms.

"That should keep it out of the way incase a fight happens."