Chapter 31

After everything was over Shoto and I wanted to get off to bed before Uraraka called out to Shoto. She asked for Yaoyorozu, Kirishima, Iida, Suto, Midoriya, and Shoto to follow her and invited me to join if I wanted to. We all followed her outside and I wrapped my plaid aroudn me tighter as Shoto held me to his left side to keep me warm.

Tsuyu stood outside in a skirt and t-shirt waiting for us.

"Right here, Tsuyu said she had something she wanted to tell you guys."

"You guys know I'm pretty straight forwards and always say what's on my mind. But sometimes, I don't know, I'm at a lost. Remember what I said back at the hospital? When you were talking about the rescue."

"Yeah, every word."

"My heart was hurting and the thing I said must have upset you." Uraraka rubbed Tsuyu's back to comfort her as Tsuyu looked towards the ground.

"Despite my warning, you still saved Bakugo and Tohru. I didn't know that till this morning, I thought I stopped you. But it turned out I was useless, a complete failure, and suddenly I didn't know what to say. I didn't think I got to joke around or have fun with everyone like usual." Tsuyu looked up at us with crocodile tears running down her face.

"But it made me so sad to be without you, that's why I wanted to talk to you. Even if I'm still now sure how I'm suppose to be feeling. I wanted you to know we can still hang out and talk and have a good time again. Ribbit."

"It's not just you who feel like that, everyone felt pretty bad and wanted things back to the way they used to be before. That's why we did the room contest, to bring us closer together and make us feel like a class again. It's all we could come up with, please don't think we were trying to trick you or anything."

"Look, what I'm say is that lets all work hard at our training and be good friends again, okay?"

"TSUYU, I'M SO SORRY! THANKS FOR TELLING US HOW YOU FEEL!"

"It's okay!"

"I apologize."

"You shouldn't feel bad." Everyone jumped in to apologize as Tsuyu cried.

I felt like I was stepping into a moment that I wasn't meant to be in. I felt bad for Tsuyu and the class for feeling these emotions that were only caused because I was stupid. I continued to stand behind everyone before heading inside to let them talk it out without intruding. It had only been just over 24 hours since I got home and every hour was full of something new.

I got dressed into my pyjama pants and tank top and laid in my bed. I tried to close my eyes but I ended up panicking before I could get comfortable. I spent the night formularizing myself with the ceiling of my room. Shoto didn't knock on my door but instead opted for calling me.

We spent hours just talking without a topic till Shoto fell asleep on the other side of the phone. I didn't blame him, he worked hard all day remodeling his room, so it only made sense that he was tired.