Chapter 39

The orientation room was crowded and I found myself wrapped in Shotos arms as he stood behind me.

"Uh, okay then, lets do this exam thing. I'm from the Heroes Public Safety Commission, names Mara." The guy began mattering and complaining about not getting sleep.

"So about the content of this license thing. Basically 1540 examinees compete in a free for all exercise or whatever we're calling it this year."

"We've got a lot of pros around and since Stein was arrested many people have expressed doubt about the status of heroes in society. But when you really think about it getting paid makes sense, if you're going to risk your life saving someone why shouldn't you ask for a reward? That's just the way the world works, god I could use a coffee."

"I could use one to right about now."

"Any ways, whether they're in it for the compensation or out of a sense of duty we've got too many heroes working together in the streets these days to keep villains at bay. Honestly the time when an incident begins to when it's resolved is ridiculously short."

"You're all here trying to get your provisional licenses so you'll be swept up in this tiresome work yourselves pretty soon. Those of you who don't have the speed frankly won't cut it. Which is why that's what you'll be tested on."

"The first 100 people to fulfill the requirements will pass today."

"If there are over 1500 people here and only 100 people can pass that means only 0.06% of people are getting their provisional license."

"Well the world can be pretty crappy, I suppose I should say something about luck."

"So anyways, these are the basic rules. The examinee will put three of these targets on his or her body, they can go anywhere you want as long as it's an exposed area, so no soles of the feet of armpits. Each of you all will have 6 of these balls, the targets are programed to light up when ever they've been hit by the balls. If all three targets are hit and light up, you're out."

"Oh, and the person who lights up your last target will get credit for your defeat. You get through this round by taking down two people. Got it?"

"What else, I guess we'll start passing out targets and balls then you'll have few minutes to get situated before we open."

"Open?" I gasped as I looked up to see the room literally falling open.

"I'm sure each of you have a terrain that you like or want to avoid. Use your quirks well and do your best, or not, whatever." Around us were different terrains like at USJ I took my targets and balls and turned to Shoto.

"I know you're going to split off because of your quirks, so be carful and be rational." He nodded as he put his own targets on.

I place one on my tight and it inched close to my inner thigh, my hip, and the last one just under my left collarbone. Midoriya called out for us to stick together but Bakugo ran off with Kirishima close behind him. Shoto split off too as I already knew leaving the rest of the class together.

"Can't you tell him to stay Tohru?" I turned to Hagakure and shook my head.

"He's my boyfriend, not my slave, Shoto can do whatever he wants."