Chapter 48

We arrived back to the dorms after the sun had set but I made other plans. I got a taxi and made my way to the restaurant I wasn't surprised to see it filled with all sorts of people. I made my way up stairs to dads office and knocked. The door flew open and dad stood their looking exhausted.

"Looks like you could use a bit of good news." He nodded and opened the door wider letting me in before hugging me.

"Today was the provisional license exam, I passed." I smiled and held up my license.

Dad grabbed in and began to cry.

"My baby girl's a hero now!" I laughed as he hung onto my as he cried.

"I'm pathetic, I'm not a hero!" I rolled my eyes at his dramatics before we opened a bottle of sake and had a hardy meal.

I told him about my relationship with Shoto which caused him to go back to his waterworks. Old man got so drunk I had to carry him outside so Ichirou could deal with him. When I showed Ichirou my license he congratulated and took a picture so he could show Sakura. I got a tax back to the dorms and went to my room.

As relaxed with a heating pad on my back someone knocked on my door.

"Come in." I sat up supporting myself on my elbows to see who came knocking.

"Sorry, I didn't know you were relaxing." I smiled at Shoto and waved him to come laydown.

"You should be relaxing to you know. Can you turn off the lights?" He flicked the lights off and laid down beside me as I turned the heating pad off the threw it to the side.

I wrapped my arms around him and cuddled into his side.

"I know, it's just that with the extra course I wont be able to see my mom and I don't want he to get lonely." I sighed and looked up at him with frown as he stared at the ceiling.

"Then I'll go." Shoto's eyes shot to look at me widely as I smiled.

"What?"

"After school I'll go visit your mom. It would be a great chance for me to get to know your mother since we're together and you wont have to worry about her being alone. Maybe I'll even get to hear a couple embarrassing baby stories."

"I can't ask you to do that for me."

"You didn't ask, you stated a problem and I came up with a solution. I'm gonna do this, I'll even tell you everything afterwards if you want. If that's still a problem to you then when you get your license take me on a date." Shoto glared at me as he thought about it but we both knew that he couldn't get around it.

"Fine, but don't mention my father. At least, don't be the one to bring up the topic of him." I nodded and laid my head back on his chest.

"What was your mom like Shoto?"

"She was loving." The rest of our night was spent talking about our mothers before we fell asleep in each others arms on my bed.