TRACK 13.

***Looking at your back that won't come back. I still couldn't say that I love you***

NO ONE'S POV

The car ride was consist of Jeongyeon non-stop talking and Mio not opening her mouth. The older girl thought it was normal since it'll be the first time they'll be spending a day outside of school.

The first thing Jeongyeon notice when she steps outside her car was a guy selling balloons.

JY : "Mio do you want one?" Of course, she thought the girl does, I mean, who doesn't want to have a balloon?

The little girl couldn't answer, not that it matters, Jeongyeon already made up her mind even before asking. She bought two of the brightest mint green color the guy has.

JY : "Here you go Michan." But even before Mio can hold it Jeongyeon went to her back and tied the balloons in her backpack. The little girl just looked at her.

JY : "In this way, it wouldn't get in your way

JY : "In this way, it wouldn't get in your way. Shall we?" She said offering her hand.

MI : "I-Im okay." She stutter.

Jeongyeon is still a stranger to her.

JY : "Haha hey kid, I made a promise to your mom. If I lose you she'll kill me, besides I can't let a princess out in the loose. Today instead of being your aunt or teacher I'll be your bodyguard." She smiled at her.

The girl just nodded and grab Jeongyeon's hand. They stopped in front of the map of the zoo.

JY : "Where do you wanna go first?"

Mio thought it wouldn't matter, it's not even the reason she was here in the first place. All she needs is a perfect time to ask Jeongyeon.

MI : "Anywhere..."

JY : "Arraso, let's see..... Oh! Look they have a show shall we head there first? We might learn a thing or two."

MI : "Okay."

When they got to the open stage, the place was already full. All they can do was stand in the back. Mio didn't say anything, she didn't even complain that she can't see anything. The music started and they both hear the MC introducing the animals Jeongyeon notice how Mio tries to take a peek between the people in front of her.

Mio thinks she fooled Jeongyeon, that she's not interested in this kind of things. But the older girl is way ahead of her in terms of experience. Jeongyeon knows very well, that inside this independent girl is a kid wanting to play and have fun.

Jeongyeon suddenly grabbed the little girl and put her on her shoulder. Giving Mio the best view of the show. The girl looked down at Jeongyeon.

JY : "Just for today Michan, let's forget about everything and have fun." The older girl smiled.

And Jeongyeon's smile is like a spreading virus, before Mio knew it she's already smiling back at her. It didn't end there, Jeongyeon insisted on carrying Mio on her shoulder the remainder of their walk around the outside area of the zoo. They feed the animals and made frequent stops whenever Jeongyeon sees something she wants to buy, Ice cream, cotton candy, animal plushies and she even bought three matching caps. Of course, she didn't forget about Mina. The only time she let Mio down was when the older girl wanted to ride a horse.

JY : "You have to ride with me, okay?"

MI : "Do you even know how to ride a horse Jeong-chan? Haha." The smaller girl giggles.

JY : "Come to think of it..... Haha, it's fine as long as I have you."

MI : "Hai! Hai!" She jumps up and down.

It's was late when Mio realized they already spent the morning and half the afternoon having fun, she has completly forgotten the reason she was here. Her mom was right, the moment she let Jeongyeon in her world everything was just vibrant and delightful. Even just sitting and eating ice cream was fun.

-

After a while, Jeongyeon runs out of energy, the smaller giggles at the sight of her aunt sitting in front of the penguins catching her breath.

JY : "What are laughing at kid?"

MI : "Nothing.." She smiled.

JY : "You and your mom just loved to hide things from me, come sit here. We need to rest before we go to your aunt Tzuyu's place."

Mio with a wide smile sat next to her and stare at the swimming penguins.

JY : "You know, back then your mom used to be called penguin a lot, minguin to be precise haha. She used to walk like a penguin and there are too many things they have in common."

MI : "Jinja?"

JY : "Haha first time hearing it? Well, we've all been called something when were young. Your aunt Nayeon was a bunny, haha I mean with those teeth? Aunt Momo was a raccoon, aunt Sana was a squirrel but some people thought she resembles a Shiba inu, you know those Japanese dogs. Your aunt Jihyo was a unicorn, aunt Dahyun was an eagle we used to call her eagle Kim. You should see her eagle dance haha. Your aunt Chaeyoung was a lion but more of a cub honestly and of course your aunt Tzuyu was a dog/puppy."

MI : "And Jeong-chan?"

JY : "Hmmm?"

MI : "What about Jeong-chan?"

JY : "Well, I'm an ostrich haha! A bird who has wings but doesn't know how to fly."

MI : "Can I ask you a question?" She said out of nowhere.

---

(A/N) If it's not obvious, Mio plays a big role here. It'll show in the next chapterssssss 😉😂