Chapter 1

Welcome guys to the first chapter of book 2. I hope you enjoy this book. I have already published this but I'm going through it all and re-publishing it all so don't worry if most of it is the same. I've just added and deleted and checked spelling and grammar manly but I have changed from chapter 5 onwards from the original. Let's get into it.

Freya's POV

It's been two years since my dad passed away and I am still struggling with a relatively normal life. Peter has been an amazing help and I couldn't have done this without him. Peter helped me survive and learn to accept my father's passing. Peter had really helped me through my grief and feeling of betrayal over the weeks after losing my father. He was the shining light leading me out of the darkness that engulfed me and without him, I would be in a horrible worse place.

As much as I missed my dad, doing the activities, exercises and training we had done together were really helping me move away from the depression of losing my father. Of course, I still missed my father but I took comfort in knowing he was now in Valhalla and not feeling any pain. The dark and gloomy cloud that was once over me was gone and rarely showed its ugly head.

I went to school like most teenagers and I enjoyed learning all about Midgard. To be honest, I only joined the school to be around Peter more often. Every special holiday I would go to Asgard to celebrate with my Grandfather and Uncle. We had feasts in memory for my dad and grandma often as it helped us keep happy memories in our minds.

I even learnt to control my powers better and I had better control over my crazy temper. Everything was fine and we were relatively happy until my visions came back and in full force. They were the one thing I could never control. At least not yet.

Darkness like oil was all around me. I could feel the overwhelming weight of tones of oil on my fragile body. A loud noise told me something terrible was happening and I could do nothing to stop it. Yelling, screaming and crying followed the banging and, against my anxiety, I got out of bed and went to investigate. I started running down the hall to find Thor or Peter. In front of me stood a tall, huge woman with some form of weapon strapped to every part of her body. She pulled one and aimed it at my heart. Just as she was about to shoot, Peter jumped in front of me. He got shot instead of me and screamed in pain as multiple bullets ripped through his chest. I screamed and threw multiple daggers at the women and they all landed in critical places. I was down on her knees in moments, cradling my bleeding Peter in my cold blue arms. I yelled for him not to go but I could see the life draining from his eyes. He was losing his battle with death and I couldn't help him. I got ripped away from my dying Peter and I could hear him calling out for me in a pained, croaky voice. It clearly caused him pain to yell out but he still tried. I watched the colour drain from Peter's face as I was dragged away. Slowly he stopped moving, groaning and he was quiet.

I woke up with a start and shot up to sit. Tears streamed down my face as images of my nightmare came back. I tried to get free of the bed but I felt something holding me still. I looked to see Peter's arms wrapped around my waist in a very protective way. I was surprised I hadn't woken him up but I thought no more of it. It's better he doesn't know. I thought.

I smiled and snuggled back into Peter's loving grip. It was just a dream. Just a horrible dream that has nothing to do with the future. I thought to myself in an attempt to calm myself. I focused on Peter's arms around me and how safe I felt but something told me our moment would not last. I focused on what we had done last night and a few nights ago that had made us so tired. I focused on the pure love Peter showed for me during our kisses last night. I smiled and blushed at the thoughts. I tried to focus on my happy and steamy memories of last night but the uneasy feeling kept crawling back.

Nothing nice lasted long around here anymore. I tried to fall back asleep while listening to Peter's breathing but my body seemed unable to relax. Sleep evaded me for hours and just as I was falling asleep I heard yelling and fighting coming from just a floor below.

That's not good. Please don't be my dream. "Peter, Get up," I said and shook him. Panic threatened to take over my mind but I fought back. "Peter, wake up!" I yelled and managed to shake him awake. "Peter, something is in the tower. We need to go, NOW!" I said and started dragging him from the bed which was tricky because he was still half asleep.

We quickly left my bedroom and ran down the hall. I could hear the yells and screams of the occupants of the tower. I knew none of my friends would get killed but it still scared me to know someone was in my home. It also scared me that I had just had a dream of Peter dying and now there was an intruder. "We gotta get to the lab. That room could withstand a bomb if it had to." I said and, when he finally woke up enough to understand the situation, Peter started running on his own.

Sadly we didn't make it to the lab. We didn't even get close. The woman from my dream appeared and aimed the gun at my heart. I knew what was about to happen and I wasn't letting it happen. Peter went to jump in front of me but I pushed him back out of the way.

I felt the bullet rip through my lower body at an alarming rate. I screamed out and fell on my knees. Peter rushed over and took me into his arms. The women clearly understood how Peter and I felt about each other. She shot him in the back twice and he screamed louder than ever before. It broke my heart to hear the scream that forced its way from his throat and ripped through the air. We both fell to the ground groaning in pain. "Freya..." Peter whimpered but I shook my head. Don't speak, don't waste your precious energy on speech.

I threw four knives at the woman and saw her buckle over in pain. My knives had given her critical wounds but I didn't have time to think about that. Peter was dying and I had to save him. I could hear the Avengers getting closer but they didn't reach us in time. How I hated and cursed them for not reaching us in time.

All life drained from Peter's face and his eyes fluttered closed. My body was fighting off the pain with adrenaline and I felt a sudden surge of energy hit me. "PETER! NO PLEASE. PETER, NOOOOOOO!" I screamed and begged every god I knew of to save my Peter. My Peter can't die. Not here. Not now. Please, My Peter must live. I begged but it didn't work. The gods didn't listen.

I felt two strong, unfamiliar arms wrap around me and pull me away from my Peter. "PETER!" I screamed and tried to free myself from the stranger. I felt a cold stabbing sensation in my side and yelled out. It felt the same from all those years ago when my mother was killed. A cold metal blade had pierced my side and was being pushed further into my soft body. The pain soon became too much for me and I felt like a moon had crashed onto my head. I just wanted to rest even though I knew I needed to keep my eyes open. "Peter, I'm sorry," I whimpered and watched the world fade.

Mother is this how it felt when you died? The pain slicing its way through your tender body. Mother, do you know how it feels to see so many important people die in front of you? I do. You, my Grandmother and now Peter. Dad's gone too, mother, but I didn't see that. I miss him terribly. I miss you all terribly.

Will the Avengers miss me? Will they care that I'm gone? Are they even alive still?

Published: 23.7.2021