Chapter 27

Nat's POV

"Morning!" I said as I walked into the kitchen to see Freya eating toast and Gersemi laughing her head off at nothing. "What's going on here?" I asked and Freya turned to face me properly. I saw she had nutella on her nose and that must have been what Gersemi was laughing at.

"Gersemi threw my toast at me and is now laughing," Freya said and chuckled slightly. I smiled and Freya went to clean her nose. Gersemi saw me and made little grabby hands. "What time are we leaving?" Freya asked and handed me a cup of coffee.

"As soon as you want to," I replied and sipped my coffee. Freya smiled and walked around the kitchen. She grabbed something from the cupboard and got a little pink spoon. As Gersemi saw the spoon in Freya's hand she smiled and clapped her hands. "Someone's hungry," I said and Freya nodded.

"She knows that this spoon means food." Freya said and I saw the jar of baby food in her hand. Gersemi was very happy and excited about the food Freya sat down to try and feed Gersemi.

I watched both Freya and her daughter smile as Semi ate her breakfast. Semi made happy little gurgling sounds as she ate. Her sounds were very musical and I could tell she would like music when she was older.

Once they were both ready and everything was packed to go, I helped Freya carry their things to the car.Soon everything was in the only thing that was left was to get Gersemi in and start driving. I hopped in the car and Freya clicked a giggling Gersemi into her carseat. Freya sat at the front with me and I started the rather long drive.

******

We arrived at their new home and it looked beautiful. I loved the style of the house and thought it was perfect for Freya. Mrs Stone was waiting for us at the front door and we welcomed us both with a warm smile and, even though I protested, a loving hug. Freya carried Gersemi inside while Mrs Stone and I got their things from the car.

Freya was standing at the fireplace in the living room holding Gersemi in her arms and pointing at the photos. I looked at the photos and saw mostly Peter or Loki in them but there were a few of the rest of us. One that really stood out to me was the picture from when Gersemi was born and how happy yet sad Freya looked. I could see that Freya was holding back tears in that picture and that no matter how many times I saw it she would always look like that.

Freya pointed to a picture of Peter and Semi giggled happily at it as if she knew who it was. I smiled and followed Mrs Stone to Freya's bedroom to put the bag down. Her room was really nice and there was plenty of space for her books. I snuck a peek at Gersemi's room and thought it was adorable and perfect for her. Everything about it screamed cute and enjoyable for Semi.

"Thanks for helping me and Semi these recent weeks." I heard Freya say from behind me. I turned to see her smiling and pulling a jumper over her shoulders. "It would have been harder without you in many ways," She added and I smiled.

"Don't mention it." I said and she nodded. "It's a really nice place," I said and gestured around the place. She smiled and told me about it and why she picked the colours for Semi's room. I listened to her story happily and we had a coffee in the kitchen for a while. We just sat and talked while Mrs Stone looked after Semi.

I stayed for lunch which was nothing special and talked with Freya about grown up things that honestly, weren't that grown up. I ended up helping her shelve her books which was a big mistake on my behalf.

"Freya, I don't know where these go," I said holding a bunch of books that I couldn't tell what genre they were. Their covers were dark and their titles were in Asgardian along with their blurb. "I don't read Asgardian," I added, giving her a confused look.

"Put them with my other Asgardian books on the third shelf. I need to sort them separately." She said which confused me but I did what she asked anyway. "Do you have any mystery books over there?" She asked as she pulled out a huge book that was the size of her face.

"That's a mystery to me," I said and she chuckled at my lame attempt at comedy. "Umm I have one called, The Art of Death. Is that one?" I asked and she nodded and put her hand out for it.

"It goes over there," She said, using her magic to put it in the right place.

"I wish I could do that," I mumbled and opened another box of books. I decided to shelve them myself as I thought I knew where she wanted them to go but I was wrong. After I shelved every single book I had in that box Freya looked to check I had done it correctly. After one look I knew I had done it wrong.

"Okay, umm...First of all, Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children doesn't go on the mystery shelf. I would put it on the dystopian shelf. Second, the famous five is a set so it goes on the right hand bookshelf not the left. Thirdly, Sherlock Holmes is a mystery book, not an asgardian one." She said using her magic to fix my mistakes on book sorting and shelving.

"Are you sure Sherlock isn't an Asgardian one because it was hard to read." I said and she chuckled while shaking her head.

"No it's not, you just can't handle how they talk in that book," She said as she put the final book in its spot. "I'm very picky on where my books go and in what order. You see, the book I have read on the right hand side of their shelf so I remember. Sets go on the right book shelf," She said and continued to ramble on about her book sorting technique. It was rather boring to me but it gave her something to do.

"As long as you're doing something," I said and she smiled at me. "Now, I think it's dinner time," I said as I heard Gersemi start crying for food.

Published: 30.7.2022