Chapter 49

Peter's POV

I walked into the bedroom and saw Freya smiling at me as she packed a bag. "What you packing Freya?" I asked and she moved to sit on the bed, placing a hand on her 9-month pregnant stomach.

"Trying to pack an emergency bag for the hospital because I forgot to do it earlier," Freya said and I looked around at the pile of stuff spread on the floor. "I know, I've just made a great big mess," Freya said and sighed softly.

I sat next to her and put an arm around her lovingly. "It's alright, everything will be okay. Besides we have had a bag packed. Why the need to pack and unpack?" I asked and Freya rested her head on my shoulder. I heard her chuckle softly and I couldn't help but laugh softly.

"I just needed to double-check everything," Freya said and I smiled. "Just stressed is all." She said and I nodded as I felt similar.

"It's alright, I'm rather stressed too but everything will be okay," I said and smiled at her, allowing her to just breathe for a moment. It felt like there was something else she had to say but she just wasn't comfortable saying it just yet. I kissed her forehead and stood up slowly. "I'm gonna go check on Semi, Maybe we can go for a walk later?" I suggested and Freya nodded softly.

I left our bedroom, closed the door behind me and walked to Semi's room to check on her. She was just drawing on paper and singing to herself. I walked to the kitchen and turned the kettle on. I sat on top of the bench and waited for the kettle to boil.

I had only been sitting for a few moments when I heard Freya's footsteps coming towards me. I turned to face her as she walked into the room and light signs of sweat were on her face. "Are you okay?" I asked and hopped off the bench, walking closer to her.

"I think things are starting Peter," Freya said and I gasped softly. "Contractions started last night but they were just like period pains. But one is happening that is rather bad," Freya said and sat down at the bench and I sat next to her.

"Do you want me to call Mrs Stone to watch Semi?" I asked and Freya shook her head slowly.

"They need to be worse and longer before we go anywhere. Can we just sit and do something fun for a few hours?" Freya asked and I nodded. I just wanted her to be comfortable because she looked the complete opposite as we walked over to the lounge.

I sat down with her and was about to put the TV on when Freya put her hand on my knee. "Can you read to me?" Freya asked and gave me puppy dog eyes. I nodded and she magically handed me one of her favourite books: Alice in WonderLand. I sat on the last seat, Freya laid down and rested her head on my lap and closed her eyes, listening to my words as I read. It was lovely and soon Semi came into the room, sat on my lap where there was space and listened to my reading.

Time Jump

Freya's POV

I groaned and knew that my body couldn't wait any longer. We had to go to the hospital now. "Peter, we need to go," I said and Peter nodded, quickly grabbing his phone and calling Mrs Stone to come over and look after Semi.

"Mumma, where are you going?" Semi asked and I groaned as I got up off the lounge.

"I'm going to the hospital and am gonna have my baby," I said and saw the look of fear spread on Semi's face. "I'll be okay and you can come to meet us at the hospital later," I said and I knew exactly what she was going to ask me next. "Semi, Mrs Stone is going to come and look after you for a little while. You can't come because Dadda and I need to go to the hospital." I said and Peter came into the living room with my hospital bag in one hand and his phone in the other.

"She's coming," Peter said and within 5 minutes Mrs Stone was in the house and Peter and I were leaving.

"Mumma, don't go," Semi called and I sighed softly. Semi ran up to me and clung onto my legs and held on tight.

"I have to go, but I'll be back. I love you," I said as Mrs Stone pried Semi off of my legs. It hit me that tonight would be the first night that Semi would be here without me. I felt a tear in my eye but Peter guided me into the car and we hurried to the hospital.

Time Jump

I groaned loudly and closed my eyes while Peter gripped my hand. Oh, Norms Below! I thought and groaned again. "You got this Freya, you got it!" Peter said and kissed my cheek.

"I'm TRYING!" I said, yelling at him. I didn't mean to yell at him but my mind and body were so full of pain. My whole body was aching, shaking and I had tears running down my face.

"Mrs LokiDottir-Parker, I can see the head, you're nearly there!" The Doctor yelled and I screamed, pushing hard to finally get the child out of me. It was bloody hard but It finally happened and after a few more pushed my baby was born and I was a mother of two.

I cried again and Peter kissed my forehead lovingly. "You did it Fay!!" Peter said in a whisper, I smiled but tears kept falling down my face.

"That was hard," I said and Peter smiled softly. "Like really hard," I added and heard Peters chuckle. "Thank you for being here," I said and Peter sighed.

"I wouldn't be anywhere else in the world. I just wish I was here for Semi," Peter said and I put my hand on his cheek.

"You were here," I said and smiled. He smiled back at me because he knew what he meant. Peter might not have been here physically but he was in my heart and in my head. I thought and closed my eyes. 

Published: 3.5.23