Chapter 48

Freya's POV

So not much happened and everything was as normal as normal could be. Months past and I was officially 7 months pregnant, hoping that my baby would finally be ready to be born.

There honestly wasn't much for me to do anymore as Peter was able to do a lot of stuff with Semi, giving me time to relax and catch up on some reading but I was struggling a bit.

I wanted to read but my mind kept wandering to old memories of Nat, Steve and all of the other Avengers who I barely saw anymore.

A memory slowly formed in my head of when I had asked Nat the biggest thing ever.

Memory:

Natasha sat in the lounge with me and Semi on my lap. Nat was humming something softly and it was putting me to sleep just as it had for Semi.

"Nat?" I asked and she muttered her response quietly, so she wouldn't wake my baby. "I have an important question for you," I said and she nodded softly.

"What's up Freya?" Nat asked and I could hear the exhaust in her voice. Nat and I had been up nearly all day working hard to try and kept Semi to sleep so we were both ready for a nap if our own.

"This is a random time to ask and I probably should have asked a while ago but I wanna know...would you be her Godmother?" I asked and Nat turned her head to look at me awkwardly. "I know it's a bit sudden and a bit strange but I really want to know that Semi will have someone to look out for her when she is gone," I said and Nat hugged me happily.

"Of course I'll be her Godmother. Nothing would make me happier," Nat said and I smiled. I snuggled against Nat and we both fell asleep, unaware of the stiffness we would feel when we woke up.

I smiled at the memory as it was one of my best memories with Nat. I got another beautiful memory play in my head.

Memory:

Nat was holding Semi and rocking her slightly. "Say Natasha, come one please," Mat said and I smiled.

"Trying to get her to talk?" I asked and she nodded softly. "oh Semi, can't you talk for Auntie Natasha? It would be ever so nice," I said and Semi looked at me happily.

"Please," Nat said and Semi looked at her and laughed softly. "I think she's mocking me," Nat said with a fake frown. Semi saw Nat's frown and grumbled softly, looked straight at Nat and spoke.

"Tasha!" Semi said and smiled at us when we froze in excitement. "Tasha!" Semi said again and Nat smiled brighter than the sun could have.

"She said my name!" Nat said, held Semi by her chest gently and spun her around carefully, making Semi laugh with happiness.

"You're her first word!" I said and Nat squealed softly. "Where's Auntie Tasha?" I asked and Semi pointed at Nat. It was like I could see the ice melting away from around Nat's heart a little.

I smiled and sat down watching Nat encourage Semi to keep speaking.

Now I was nearly bawling my eyes out at the memories. Semi's first word was Tasha, the nickname Nat always hated but after that day Semi was the only one allowed to call her that.

Oh Nat, I miss you so I thought and my tears turned to happy tears as I remembered all the fun we had together.

Memory:

"We really likes this song," I said as Semi danced as well as a 1-year-old could. Steve smiled at sat down as he was tired from the dancing. How he could fight crime all day and still have the energy to do what he does then can't dance for more than ten minutes is beyond me. Nat smiled and strolled to the kitchen. She had been dancing quite beautifully may I say but she refused to let us say anything about it.

I watched as Nat grabbed the vodka she had brought and gestured it at me, offering me some. I thought for a moment and then nodded. Yeah I was only 19 but I didn't care and neither did my friends because technically it was okay. To be honest, I knew I shouldn't have been drinking as an american citizen and I don't encourage underage drinking but the laws of asgard said I needed to be of reproduction age and well, I meet that requirement. I wasn't sure about the New Asgard laws and drinking but I didn't care.

Nat brought me over a tiny amount of vodka and she had an average amount for herself. Mrs Stone had gone to bed so I didn't need to worry about her saying anything.

"Song Song," Gersemi said and bounced up and down. She walked, Yes WALKED, over to me and pointed at my phone. "Like it here," She stuttered out and bounced up again. In my shock from seeing her walk I didn't put the song she wanted on which frustrated her. She WALKED again but over to Steve this time and asked him. "Like it here," She said but again Steve was too shocked to do anything. Gersemi tried Nat who smirked at her and pointed to me, instructing Gersemi to walk back towards me.

I smiled and chuckled softly as my daughter walked over to me again and pointed to my phone. "Mama, Like it Here!" She demanded and I smiled at her.

"You can walk now?" I asked and gave her a questioning look. Gersemi just looked back at me with angry eyes. "Come here," I said and grabbed her and started tickling her. She laughed happily as I tickled her and I couldn't help but laugh too. "You walk!" I yelled happily and hugged her before putting her softly back on the floor.

Gersemi glared at me as if to show she was angry at me for something. "Like it here," She said again and I chuckled softly.

"Oh alright then," I responded and played the song 'I think I'm gonna like it here' from Annie for her. Steve, Nat and I just smiled at each other and I couldn't stop my little happy sounds.

"She's a clever little Lisichka." Nat muttered and I smiled even brighter.

I smiled at the memory but I felt I knew what was coming next and I was not ready for it.

Memory:

"And now Freya would like to say a few words," Steve said and I walked up to Nat's coffin. It wasn't really a coffin because we didn't have an easy way of getting her body so we were burying a whole bunch of her clothes and other personal items in a beautiful ornate box.

"Um so, we all knew Natasha. She was like a big sister to me and helped fill the void felt by my beloved mother. Natasha was kind, strict and knew what she wanted and how she could get it. She was good at doing the mission and following orders but I liked her best when she was singing and dancing around the room. Nat danced once with Semi and I before all of this and she even sung a line of the song. It was beautiful," I said through tears. I heard someone whisper tell my daughter's name and I soon felt two arms grab my legs. I bent down, picked up my daughter and held her close. "We love you Nat, we all do and you have made a great sacrifice for the planet that did nothing but hurt you. Thank you for everything Nat, I hope you've finally found peace," I said and cried while everyone clapped softly.

I went and sat down, holding my sobbing daughter in my arms

I sobbed and wiped my eyes on my sleeve. I miss you I said and sent out a kiss into the world for her.

I'll make sure my children know about you, they will not forget you! I thought and smiled, finally feeling a weight leave my shoulders. Like Nat had heard me speak and knew it was true.

Goodbye Nat

Published: 3.5.23