Chapter 10

Freya's POV

I had been in the hands of Thanos for about eight or nine weeks and I really wanted to go home or anywhere different from here. I hated everything and everyone around me and I wanted to leave. Something inside me changed and I had a sudden power that I didn't know I could have ever had. It was almost like a primal instinct and it finally kicked in enough for me to escape.

I waited for my chance and soon enough it came. After spending two months in the captive of Thanos the mad titan I had learnt many things and I had figured a way out of the building. Tonight my plan was going to be put into action. I had no contact with my friends or family so I was on my own but I trusted myself to escape. I have to escape to save both myself and my child. My baby will live happily with a loving family and not be stuck here in this torture hell hole. I want to go home and raise my child in the relative safety of the Avengers tower. I want my baby to meet their father. I thought and prepared to escape.

When Nebula next came to collect me I flung my power at her and like I expected she moved out of the way. At that moment I ran past her and started sprinting down the hall that led out of the horrible building. I knew she would get me at any moment but I kept the thought of my child's safety in my mind. I ran and ran until I found myself somewhere that would give me an advantage.

I ran and defended myself to the best of my ability. I could see my own glow and I knew I was using all of my power and energy to escape the building.

I know some people probably would have been able to do this sooner or would have expected me to escape sooner. I hadn't been able to escape because of many different factors but the only thing that mattered was that I was now escaping and could get home.

I dodged attacks and I fought so many others. I snuck past some creatures while I had to fight many others. I didn't want to fight anymore. I didn't want to be in this place anymore. I didn't want to hear the consistent metallic hum of whatever was below me. I didn't want to be trapped, tortured and treated like a lesser being. Nobody deserves to feel like a lesser being and I am sick of it. My child is going to live a happy and healthy life. My child will have an education and they will meet their family.

With those thoughts in my head and the ability to ignore the great pain I was in, I managed to get to the roof. I screamed out hoping that someone could come and help me. I screamed and screamed until my throat was on fire. There was only one way out of this odd situation. I was not in a building. I was on a spaceship! I screamed and turned out to see those creatures walking closer to me. I knew what would happen but I didn't care. I had to do something about the situation I was in and I only had two options. Either get captured and tortured or jump and see what happens to me. I took one step back and let gravity do its thing.

Dr Strange's POV

I felt something changed in the world. I felt it and I knew I had to fly around and figure out what was happening. I ran outside and started to use Levi to levitate around the city. I didn't see much but I could hear the faint sound of screams over the general city noises. I flew around some more and found a figure falling from the sky. I flew over and grabbed whoever was falling. I grabbed someone who I didn't expect to see for ages.

"STEPHEN!" She yelled and wrapped her arms around me. I could hear voices yelling about her escaping and heavy footsteps were coming closer. "Stephen please, take me home." She begged and I nodded softly. I grabbed her and Levi picked us up and took us back to the sanctum. On the way home I looked back to where she had fallen and I saw a blip of a spaceship in the distance. I did not understand how she got up there but I was more worried about getting her somewhere safe than what had happened.

"Stephen, Thank you for catching me. I... I was...scared." She said before fainting in my arms. I held her close and we flew right towards the sanctum. I needed to check her mental and physical health. From the looks of it, she was not okay.

Published: 27.9.2021