Chapter 38

I don't normally like One Direction but this song while Tony is passing nearly made me cry. I know it's kinda silly but just imagine this song with a slide show of all the Avengers. Natasha and T'challa and Tony Stark. 😢I'm emotional for no reason right now. 

Freya's POV

I dropped to my knees and tried to steady my breathing and I watched Thanos and his men die. Tony had saved us at the last minute and everyone stopped to breathe and actually let the fact that Thanos was down forever sink in. I turned and saw a beautiful and familiar face start sprinting towards Tony. Peter ran to Tony and I heard them talking about something. I hurried over to them and saw Tony was so badly hurt that he was probably going to die but I refused to believe it. I said nothing and put an arm around Peter.

"Mr Stark, We won. You did it sir," Peter adds and I sniffled softly. "I'm sorry Tony," Peter mumbled and I pulled Peter away slightly so Pepper could get closer to him. Pepper knelt down in front of Tony.

"Hey," Pepper said and held Tony's hand, using her finger to stroke it gently.

"Hey Pep," Tony responded and struggled to keep eye contact with pepper. I held Peter tightly and he sobbed into my shoulder. I stroked his hair and sobbed silently. Tony's vitals were critical and we were sure about that anyway. Pepper smiled sadly and said "Tony, look at me, We're going to be okay..." Pepper touched Tony's cheek and kissed him. The look on Tony's face told me he felt bad. I felt like all he wanted to say was 'sorry' for everything. "You can rest now," Pepper said and looked back at him. Tony's eyes were glassy and no longer moving around as if trying to focus on us.

Peter saw that Tony was no longer with us and he gripped my arm harder. "Peter," I mumbled and wrapped my arms around him. Peter snuggled against my shoulder and cried softly. I buried my head in Peter's hair and cried with him, trying to be strong for him. I looked up for a moment and saw that everyone was kneeling before Tony. Everyone was showing their respect for Tony by kneeling before him in a beautiful way.

I had no idea what to say so I focused on hugging Peter in a loving embrace. Everyone was so physically and emotionally drained that for the next hour or so we just sat on the floor and cried until we could physically get up. I was the first to get up, bringing Peter to his feet in the process.

I made sure that Peter was standing properly and lightly taped on Pepper's shoulder. She looked up at me and stood up. I hugged her briefly and I felt that Peter needed to get out of there. I took Peter's hand and basically dragged him over to Steve who, when I tapped his shoulder, he nodded and walked slowly over to Pepper and Tony.

Peter and I started walking out from between all the rubble and towards somewhere big and flat where S.H.I.E.L.D. could come get us. After everything that had happened, I just wanted to hug my daughter close and feel her body in my arms. I made sure that Peter didn't turn around as I knew that would just make him even more distressed then he already was.

Time Jump

As we all sat together on a Quinjet I realised something I really had to tell Peter. "So Peter, You know how I was pregnant before everything happened?" I said and Peter nodded softly, not looking at me. "Well, I know now is not the best time but considering we are almost home I must tell you." I said and Peter looked at me finally as if the words finally sunk in fully. "What I need to say is, I had the baby," I said and Peter smiled softly as it was all he could muster up after everything. I wanted to say more but I just couldn't.

Gersemi's POV

I climbed from my hiding place and watched a ship land outside another smaller Avengers compound. Mrs Stone had brought me here after getting a message from my mumma. My mumma was on that ship and I was desperate to give her a massive hug. I had missed her so much when she had been gone and I really wanted to know what was happening. My mumma walked out of the ship and looked around. I ran outside and screamed out to her.

"MUMMA!" I screamed and sprinted over to her. She smiled and picked me up, spinning us around. "You're hurt mumma," I said as I felt her stomach was wet and there was blood in her hair.

"Oh my darling Semi, I'm fine." She smiled and held me tightly. "I'm alright, are you okay?" My mum asked and I nodded at her and smiled brightly. "I have a surprise for you," She said happily but I could tell there was a sense of sadness underneath.

"What is it?" I asked but before my mum could answer the surprise revealed itself. Now I didn't even realise he was the surprise until he smiled and I instantly knew who he was. My mum was right, his eyes did shine when he smiled.

"Dad?" I asked and gave him a questioning look. I looked at my mum and she nodded with teary eyes. I could see she had already been crying but she was about to cry again. "That's daddy?" I asked and my mum nodded again. I practically jumped from my mum's arms and sprinted over to him. "DADDY?!" I screamed and sprinted over towards him. I dodged past a few avengers that were heading inside.

He turned to face me, as he had yet to notice me running at him. He gave me a questioning look but as I got closer he just smiled brightly, and knelt on the floor. I sprinted past Uncle Steve, taking no notice of what he was holding, and absolutely sprinted towards my dad. I jumped at my father and knocked him down to the ground. He fell onto his back on the floor and his legs flung up into the air. I wrapped my arms around his neck and squeezed enough to almost choke him. I could hear his laugh and it sounded just like what my mum described. "Daddy," I mumbled into his neck and he wrapped his arms around my body to stop me falling off.

"My girl," He said and I let tears well up in my eyes. The tears didn't stay in my eyes long, I let them run down my face.

"Semi, be careful. We don't want Daddy getting hurt," My mum said and I let go slightly just so I could look at his face. "Peter, meet our daughter, Gersemi Petra Sigyn Frigga FreyaDottir although now it is PeterDottir," My mum said and helped my dad stand up in a way I could still hold onto my dad.

"I think FreyaDottir fits better," My dad said and smirked and looked at my mum, who smiled softly. "It's a long name but a beautiful one," My dad said and I smiled at him. "And beautiful eyes too," He added and my mum chuckled. I blushed softly at my dad's words. My mamma often complimented my eyes but I still blushed whenever I got complimented.

"They are like yours," My mum said and my dad shook his head, about to disagree. "They are Peter, don't debate me," She said with a chuckle. My dad had one arm around my mum and one arm on my back as he held me on his hip. "She has my hair though," My mum said and my dad smiled in agreement.

"She has your smile," My dad said and I snuggled against him happily.

"I always thought it was yours," my mum said and she rested her head on my dad's shoulder. A few tears dropped down her face and she sighed heavily. I reached around and touched my mum's hair. She gave me her hand and I held it softly. Something was very heavy in both their hearts but I didn't know what it was. I wanted them to know that I might not understand what was happening or why it had happened but that I loved them and needed them.

My dad kissed my forehead then kissed my mums. "My girls," he muttered lovingly and I heard my mum start to cry. My dad followed her and soon after I did too.

Peter's POV

Home. I was home with my daughter and my darling Freya. That's right, my daughter. My child, a sweet little girl who I was responsible for. Not even that. A little girl who I would love until the day I died. A little girl who I loved and who would love me. I'd get to do her hair, help her with school, cook with her, share my interests with her. I'd get to celebrate her birthdays, see her off to primary school, then high school. I'd get to threaten her first boyfriend, or girlfriend, whichever she found. I'd get to spend the rest of my life with my daughter. My own flesh and blood.

My daughter Gersemi Petra Sigyn Frigga FreyaDottir. 

Published: 29.3.23 (I apoligise for the big gap)