Chapter 11

Freya's POV

I opened my eyes but I still heard that annoying beeping. I was alive, awake but still in excruciating pain through my limbs. I sighed heavily and looked around the room. Glowing white walls, plain roof and lots of bright lights. A blue curtain to my left and another to my right. There were weird machines next to me and I slowly recognised where I was. I was in a Midgardian hospital.

What the hell happened?  I shook my head and tried to focus on where I was now. I sat up and slowly looked around the room. Nobody was in here and I was kinda scared. I knew I was on Midgard but that was all I knew.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, calling on Heimdall to show me what was happening. Heimdall appeared in front of me and he looked worried but began to tell me about what was happening on Asgard.

"Heimdall? What's going on? Something is telling me something is wrong, what's happening?" I asked and Heimdall looked at me with a sad expression. I felt bad looking at him as the world around him was screaming and dying.

"It's Hela, she is your Aunt and she has killed our army and Hogan. Hela has also replaced the truth of Asgard." He said and I gave him a questioning look. "Asgard was not built with peace and kindness. Asgard's past is dark and full of spilled blood." He said and I nodded.

"What about the Asgardians?" I asked and Heimdall smiled sadly. His golden eyes shone but not with contentment but with anger and a touch of sadness. I didn't know much about this person, Hela, that Heimdall was talking about and it was hard to believe that she was my Aunt but I trusted Heimdall. He wouldn't lie to me about something this important.

"Some have been endangered but most are safe from Hela. For now. Hela has Skurge helping her and they are quite a formidable team."

I scowled and wanted to punch Skurge for going along with her. Hela may have been my aunt but she was insane. "Show me Hela," I said but it sounded like a demand. Heimdall nodded and I saw Hela.

Hela took Skurge to the vaults and she walked past the objects Odin had stored. Skurge was impressed with the collection but Hela just went up to a golden goblet and pushed it off its plinth. "Fake," She said and kept walking. "Most of this stuff is fake or weak." She said as she walked past The Casket of Ancient Winters. She walked past Surturs 'crown' and said "Smaller than I thought it would be." She saw the tesseract and nodded a bit impressed. "That's not bad. But this..." She marvelled and walked over to the fire. "...The Eternal Flame." Hela grabbed some of the fire in her hands and summoned a hammer of sorts and broke the ground around her. "Wanna see what true power looks like?" She said and fell backwards into the hole she had created.

I opened my eyes to see the hospital room again but this time it was a little different. Stephen stood in front of me with his classic smile. "Hello Freya." He said and I smiled at him in response. "What happened? You have been missing for over a month. Where have you been?" He said and I laughed softly.

"We were attacked and I was taken prisoner and after a failed rescue attempt I was recaptured and beaten up for most of the time I was gone. " I answered and layed back down. "Your magic yeah?" I asked and he nodded. "I don't suppose you can teleport me to Asgard?" I asked and he seemed to stop and think for a moment. 

He shrugged. Gee thanks.

After reassuring Stephen that I would be alright, even though we got no permission to, we left via a portal in a supply closet that took us to his sanctum. "I love this place," I said as we walked through the halls towards the huge library. I tried not to let the pain in my abdomen get the better of me but it was hard.

Stephen was definitely concerned for me but he knew I could be very stubborn. As we walked I felt my shirt getting wet and it started to stick to my body. I was bleeding. It wasn't super serious but I needed to sit down and get someone to look at it again.

As if on cue, Stephen made a portal to a bedroom and sat me on the bed. "Sorry Stephen," I said and layed down.

"It's alright Freya." He said and sat at the end of the bed with a smile. Something about his smile told me he was hiding something. "It's alright, I promise that everything is okay." He said and he smiled at me. "You're home now," He added and I nodded softly. I smiled and closed my eyes slowly letting myself fall into the darkness.

Stephen's POV

I wanted to ask Freya what had happened but she was too fragile at the moment. If I said something wrong then I would probably set off a whole load of emotions she did not need at the moment. There was something else going on here and I wanted to know what but now was not the time to ask.

I tucked Freya into the bed and smiled softly at her. You poor child, you should be at home with your family. Not here stuck with me in the sanctum. I thought and made up my mind to find someone from her family as soon as possible so she could go and recover at home. That would be the best thing for her. I hope she will be okay, I thought and hoped that whoever had to tell her what she had missed was ready for it. That was going to be a tough conversation to have but it was a necessary one. 

Published: 18.10.2021