Chapter 30

Welcome to the Thirtieth Chapter. I can not let you know that I have written the entire story but have yet to edit but updates should be coming frequently. Hopefully. Enjoy 🙂

Freya's POV

So in the weeks leading up to Halloween Gersemi was very nervous but I could tell she was excited to make her own costume. Semi was only five so she needed help with her costume but she was more than willing to accept my help because it meant we could stay up later than normal which for her meant she could stay awake till 8:30 instead of 7:30. She loved spending that extra hour creating something with me.

"Mummy, where the glue?" Semi asked as she opened random drawers to try and find the glue to use.

"I've got it," I said and held it out to her. She took it and started gluing coloured paper together. "What part are you making?" I asked her as what she was making didn't look like the part of her costume she wanted to make. We also didn't need any glue for what we were making as we were painting.

"I'm making a card," Semi answered and stuck something else down. She looked every intently at what she was doing and it was obvious she was concentrating with all her might.

"For who?" I asked as I refilled our yellow paint.

"It's a surprise," Gersemi answered and picked up a blue glitter pen to start drawing something on the paper. I tried to sneak a look but she put her arm over it and looked at me. "No looking mumma," She said with a cheeky smirk.

Time Jump

So it was now time for Gersemi to put on her costume and she was very excited about it. She couldn't stop moving around which made it very hard for me to do the body paint she wanted. "Semi calm down," I chuckled and she settled down and finally came and sat down in the chair. I slowly worked on getting her face makeup to match the character that Gersemi had picked. She looked awesome and I was rather impressed with our work.

"Are you done yet mumma?" Semi asked me and I shook my head as I finally finished the last shading on her nose.

"Done," I said and stepped back from her. I smiled at her face as now she looked very different and adorable. Gersemi jumped up and ran to the mirror to have a look at her face. As soon as she saw her own face she smiled and laughed so happily I couldn't help but smile too.

"I'M SALLY!" Gersemi squealed and turned to face me. "Mumma, I'm Sally now!" She said and jumped up and down. Gersemi had wanted to be Sally from the nightmare before Christmas for Halloween and I had let her. We bought a ,two sizes too big, shirt, because we couldn't find a plain white dress, and had painted it to look like Sally's dress. Then I painted Semi's arms, legs and face with black stitches over her. I didn't need to paint her blue as she could just turn herself a pale shade of blue anyway. I did however need to do the black stitch marks and the shadows on her face. We then had dyed her hair but only with one wash out stuff. "Lets go mumma," She said and started sprinting to the front door.

"Hold your horses," I said and swiped my bag off a chair arm, her trick or treating bag off the bench and jogged after her. I opened the door and Gersemi ventured to the front gate before stopping and waiting for me. Once again I opened the gate and Semi walked onto the footpath. "Do you remember where we are going?" I asked her and took her hand in mine then handed her the trick or treat bag.

"To Preschool," Semi said and pulled me along the footpath towards the preschool that was holding a special party for the children. The preschool only had about 10 kids that attended it, but that number was slowly growing, and Gersemi was the oldest by 2 months but she didn't mind being the oldest. She liked it because the few teachers would treat her like a 'big girl' as she said.