Chapter 12

This chapter is very long but it's to make up for all the shorter ones recently. It's 1644 words. Enjoy,

Freya's POV

I woke up alone yet again in a room I didn't recognise well enough to feel safe. I got up and went to find Stephen so he could explain more stuff to me. I had many questions and I hoped he could give me answers. I stumbled out of bed and walked to the library to find Stephen sitting and reading something magical. "Hey Stephen," I said and he turned to face me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked and I smiled weakly. He was floating above the ground and had multiple books floating around him. I gave him a sassy expression and walked over to him. I groaned softly and felt ill. Not ill and not badly ill. I felt suddenly terribly violently ill.

"Stephen..." I mumbled and groaned softly. "Stephen," I said louder so he could actually hear me. He dropped to the floor and put his hands on my shoulders to steady me. "I...I think I'm gonna be...I'm gonna be..." I said and he magically understood what I meant. He teleported us to a bathroom and I immediately went to the toilet to empty my stomach. There wasn't much in my stomach but there was enough.

"Freya, what's going on?" He asked and when I could answer I told him the truth.

"When I was kidnapped I was told something. Something that I never thought possible, well at least not for a few years." I answered and Stephen handed me a damp face washer to clean my mouth with. "Thanks... I was told that umm...I'm pregnant." I said.

Stephen looked shocked and I felt rather embarrassed about it. "Well that's..." He said but did not finish his sentence.

"I'm not sure if it's true or not but I wouldn't be surprised," I said and Stephen seemed to snap out of his shocked trance. "Is there a way you can figure it out?" I asked and he nodded.

"Well there is a pregnancy test which is what we normally do but I can test it using magic if you wish." He said and I shrugged.

"Which is quicker?" I asked him as I just wanted to know the truth.

"Magic," He said and so I agreed to let him use his magic to figure out whether or not I was pregnant. I felt very conflicted. I wanted a child and I was excited to have a little boy or girl running around but I didn't want Peter to get upset and I didn't want my child to get injured.

Once I felt able we went back to the bedroom from earlier and I sat on the bed. "Ready?" He asked and I nodded. He closed his eyes and did weird movements with his hands as if casting a spell. Stephen took a few moments to do whatever he needed to do. He opened his eyes and I knew that look on his face.

"Stephen..." I said hoping for an answer but I got nothing. "Stephen, please. Tell me," I said and Stephen's eyes narrowed at me in thought. "Stephen!" I yelled and he finally looked at me properly.

It took him a moment to form the right words and gain the ability to speak once again. He sighed and looked directly at me. "Freya, the people who kidnapped you were right." He said and I looked at him confused. I already knew what he meant but I was still struggling to absorb the words. "You are, um... You're pregnant." He said and gave me a slight, unsure smile.

"WHAT?!"

Being told you're pregnant isn't really something you hear every day and even though I had already been told, hearing it from Stephen was like being hit with a brick. I just couldn't understand fully. I was only 18 and 100% had something growing inside me. I had so many emotions rushing through my body but I was mainly scared and excited. Scared because what if the child gets hurt? What if something goes wrong and my baby dies? My baby will never meet their father. I don't know if I'm ready. But I was excited because I would have a cute little boy or girl running around, probably pulling pranks or doing silly spells that they don't know how to control.

But would our child be okay? What would being half Midgardian half Jotunhiem be like? Would they survive? Would they be healthy and happy? Wait, they would be half Midgardian, quarter Jotunheim and quarter Asgardian baby because of my parentage.

I shook the thoughts from my head and sat down. My body felt like a bomb had hit it despite the fact that I already knew there was a possibility that I was pregnant. Stephen sat next to me and I felt Levi wrap around my shoulders. "Are you alright Freya?" Stephen asked me and I glared at him.

I shook my head 'no' and looked at him. "I'm only 18, I'm not ready to have a baby yet! I didn't fully believe them but it's true! How will my family react? I'm not ready!" I said and started to panic.

"Well, you could give the baby up for adoption or..." Stephen said giving me ways out of the situation Peter's and I's stupidity had put us in. I shook my head. If I'm having a baby it's staying with me. "What do you wanna do then?" He asked me and I sensed the concern for me in his voice.

"I uh...I don't know." I said shakily. I kept freaking out until I heard Peter's voice. I turned and saw a concerned Peter walking towards me. Stephen, what did you do? I asked myself before I had many other questions. "How?" I asked myself and watched him walk. "That's impossible, I thought you died," I said and thankfully nobody heard me.

"Hey, Frey, What's going on? What happened?" Peter asked, seeing how distressed I looked. Stephen got up and left the room for me and Peter to talk alone. "Are you alright?" Peter asked as he took my waist into his hands.

"Damn you Strange," I said quietly so no one heard. "How are you alive? How are you...here?" I asked him.

"The gods heard you," He said and I smiled softly. "And Tony did a lot. He helped me and I'm alive. Still hurt but alive." He said and I hugged him desperately. I was so happy that he was alive. I had spent the last two months believing he was dead but now I knew. He had survived and he would meet his child. "Freya, what's wrong? Where have you been? What happened to you?"

I answered Peter nervously. "Umm well, in that attack I was kidnapped by some weird Titan. After the failed rescue attempt everything got worse and I was beaten up nearly 24/7. They called it training. But you're still alive, which I didn't think was a possibility but I'm sure glad it is. I missed you like crazy." I said and smiled weakly. Tears fell down my face slowly as everything came too much for me. Peter nodded but he must have known I was hiding something. I couldn't look Peter in the eye anymore.

"Freya?" He asked and put a finger under my chin to move my gaze to meet his. "What's wrong?" He asked and I sighed heavily. I knew I had to tell him. It was only fair to him. He was as much at fault as I was and We had to deal with this together.

"Umm, well. uh, Stephen thinks that I'm...Actually, he knows that... That I'm..." I said than managed to finally get the last word out. "Pregnant," I said really quietly. He barely heard me but he did hear me. He looked shocked and said nothing. "I'm so sorry," I said, apologising for no reason. This was on both of us and we both had to do something about it, whatever that was.

"No need to be sorry Fray, I just wasn't expecting it." He said and pulled me into a hug. "This is a surprise." He said and I hugged him back. I wept into his shirt and hugged him as tightly as my weakened body could. My sobs were almost silent but every now and then I would try and take in a deep breath but my breath would catch.

"This is crazy. I don't even know how this will work. I mean, our baby is half Midgardian and half Jotunheim. Something could go terribly wrong..." I began to ramble but he stopped me. He kissed my forehead and smiled.

"Honey, you're half Asgradian Half Jotunhiem and you're perfect. I'm sure everything will be fine." He said and hugged me more. "I agree it is a surprise and a shock but we will be alright." He said and put his hand on my stomach. "You've got a baba in you." He said and smiled.

"I do, don't I," I said and couldn't help but chuckle slightly. "Oh, my gods. What do we do?" I asked and he chuckled too.

"We have a baby." He said but it sounds a bit like a question. He was asking me if I was okay with that too. I nodded and smiled again.

"Freya, if you wish, I can send you to Asgard without your baby getting hurt," Stephen said as he came back into the room. I smiled and looked back at Peter. He nodded and kissed my forehead then pulled me back into his arms.

"Take me to Asgard," I said and Stephen nodded. I kissed Peter then followed Stephen outside so he could send me to Asgard. Peter watched from the door and waved as I was pulled over to Asgard.

Published: 14 November 2021