Chapter 44

Nobody is reading this as I publish so ima just publish it all. : )

Freya's POV

A few days passed and I had yet to tell Gersemi she would be expecting a brother. She hadn't asked anything about why suddenly I was taking more care in what I was doing and what I was eating and drinking. She didn't seem to notice anything was different which was good. I didn't want to tell her just yet. I still had to tell the Avengers too. I had told Thor and Stephen already knew but they both promised not to say anything. Steve was...like a grandfather now, Bruce was busy with a range of things, Bucky and Sam were busy trying to fight some other random person I heard was out there and the others had other things to do.

There just wasn't a good time. Expect for today. Today, somehow, all the Avengers would be in the compound at the same time. Everyone would be there and they had invited Pepper to come along too so they could do a family dinner. I had thought about just bringing Gersemi but I wasn't ready for her to know and I was planning on telling the Avengers before the dinner and then teleporting Gersemi to us for the dinner. It was complicated but it was what I wanted to do.

I walked into the kitchen to start making breakfast for everyone while Peter was getting Gersemi ready for preschool. She was making a fuss this morning and I could hear Peter trying to convince her to go. I knew we shouldn't force her to do anything she didn't want to and that we should respect her wishes but I really needed to talk to the Avengers and Peter was coming with me to tell them because he's the father. Semi really needed to either go to preschool or stay with someone else.

"She's refusing to go," Peter said and sat on the benchtop. I sighed and looked at him, tired beyond belief. We both had been struggling to sleep recently for a multitude of reasons and it was clear on our faces. "Is there anyone else we can call?" Peter asked and I sighed softly, not really knowing.

"There's one person I could ask but I don't want to disturb her on her day off," I said and buttered some toast. Peter picked up the toast and took a nibble of it. I smiled softly at the butter that was on the side of his mouth and handed him a napkin.

"Who?" He asked and took another bite of his toast, getting crumbs on himself and the bench. He then used the napkin to wipe the butter from his mouth and kept eating.

"Mrs Stone," I said and popped more bread in the toaster. That first piece was meant to be Gersemi's but Peter got it first. "She said she is always willing to help but today is her one day off for a while and I don't want to burden her," I said and bit the other end of Peter's toast, making him give me a playful glare.

"I'm sure she'd be okay with it. We can pay her and offer to help with anything she needs during the week," Peter suggested, hopping off the bench and getting three mugs, shoving the last bite of toast in his mouth.

"I guess, we could. We just really have to tell the others and this is the one day that they are together," I said and sighed. "We could just take Gersemi and tell her too," I said and Peter handed me my hot chocolate. I used to have coffee but I had stopped because it was best to limit caffeine while pregnant. Once Gersemi had seen me having hot chocolate in the morning and now she refused to have anything else to drink in the morning. We knew it wasn't that good for her but we let her do it because she was pretty good with food in every other way. Peter had hot chocolate or tea most days.

"Semi!" Peter called out and our daughter came sprinting into the room. She tried to slow herself down but tripped and fell over. Peter put the cups down and went over to her. I had seen her fall many times and knew she was okay. She was tough and surprisingly she often didn't cry when she fell, even if she was hurt. Peter, on the other hand, had not seen her falling over often so he had started out being worried everytime but he was slowly getting used to it. Well, not really but he'd get there.