Chapter 32

Sorry, it's been a while. I've been going through some stuff and my seasonal depression is really playing up. I hope you enjoy this chapter and just letting you know, I have finished writing the entire story. I just need to edit it. 

Freya's POV

Gersemi and I arrived at the compound and I woke her up from her nap. It was a very long drive and she was only 5. She also got a weird type of car sickness where instead of feeling ill she got very very sleepy. It was often rather cute. "Semmy, time to wake up. We're here," I said and woke her up.

Gersemi looked out of the car window and smiled like it was her birthday. "Wow," She said and sprinted out of the car. Her excitement out weighed her grogginess from her sleep.

"Wait for me at the door," I said and she did just that. Gersemi ran around smiling and humming. It was obvious she was happy. "You are very happy. Good sleep?" I asked her and she nodded while doing a little dance.

I took her hand and tugged my ear, our special sign for her to try and calm down. I could tell she was going to try and calm down but I wasn't sure she would be able to. We went inside together and she started singing softly. I didn't realise what she was saying until she spoke louder. She was singing the intro to 'I think I'm gonna like it here' which made me chuckle.

"I think I'm gonna like it here." She sang and smiled brightly. "I think I'm gonna like it, I'm sure I'm gonna like it, I think I'm gonna like it here" She sang and she ran around looking at everything she could find. She ran to a work desk and admired all the tools. We were alone so I couldn't see any harm in singing too.

Even though the words to the song didn't really fit what we could see we just kept going. "So think it and it shall appear," I said and it did in hologram form. "Because it knows just what you want to see."

"Wait! I think it and it comes to me?" She said in genuine awe. I chuckled and smiled then showed her to more tech.

"Here's something grand for you to play," I said and she looked at all the equipment. We kept singing together in absolute happiness and I could see the look of pure enjoyment on Semi's face.

"I think I'm gonna like it here!" She sang and I smiled remembering how much I loved being in the Avengers tower before all of the last five years happened. I had met Peter in that Tower, I had to save Peter in that tower. I had learnt who I was and what I loved in that tower and now it was gone. All I wanted now was for Gersemi to learn who she was and understand the risks there were when being an Avenger. She was only five but it seemed like maybe everything would be alright.

"It's very hard not to, my dear," I sang and we kept going throughout the entire song. We sang in perfect sync for the chorus. We yelled and danced around as we sang, having an absolute ball. I found an interesting workbench that looked like a bomb had hit it. I didn't take any notice and I took Gersemi in my arms. "Look! It knows the temp your comfy in!" I sang to her.

"That's great! can it teach me to swim!" She said and I chuckled. We started spinning around and singing and laughing. "I THINK I'M GONNA LIKE IT HERE!!" She yelled at the top of her lungs then she broke out in laughter. "Yes yes! I think I'm gonna like it heeereee!" She yelled and I laughed as hard as I could. "Yes yes!" She yelled and I kissed her forehead.

"Everything you've ever dreamed is at your fingertips," I sang and it was true. Anything she needed or wanted was right here and easily accessible to her. "And if you haven't dreamed it yet add it to your wish list!" I sang and sent us spinning into the rest of the song.

We didn't care that at this point the song made no sense to what we were looking at as it was so fun just dancing around the room. We spun around into another chorus and she ended up standing on top of a desk singing her heart out. "I think I'm gonna like it! I know I'm gonna like it," She yelled out, throwing her arms into the air happily.

"I know your gonna like it," I sung and smiled at her and how happy and excited she was.

"Damn right, you're gonna like it," said a voice that wasn't mine at all. I turned to see Nat watching us from a hallway with a wide smirk on her face. I started chuckling and Nat started chuckling along with me as Gersemi danced on the desk.

"I think I'm gonna like it here," Gersemi sang and I smiled at her. While Semi danced on the desk Nat and I danced like idiots next to the desk. Nat and I danced and sang along with Semi as it was just too fun to stop. Besides, we had sung nearly the whole song so why stop now?

We all sung the remaining lines until we couldn't sing any more. Gersemi ended the song by singing as loud as she could "YES YES!" Then she jumped from the table and landed feet first thankfully onto the floor with a wide goofy grin.

Gersemi smiled brightly at Nat and gave her a hug. "This place is awesome Auntie Tash, I love it already," She said and Nat smiled kindly. Gersemi Let go of Nat and continued to run around the room with her big goofy smile.

"It's good to know you pay attention to your niece," I chuckled, referring to Nat singing with us and knowing the words to that song. "I won't tell a soul," I said and Nat nodded to say thank you then we followed her around the building.

"Your lucky nobody else saw that little Lisichka." She said to Gersemi who smiled and skipped away. Gersemi giggled as she skipped ahead of us, still humming that song. "She seems happy," Nat said and I nodded.

"She's very happy but I worry about her. She doesn't have any friends her age. It's just you, Steve, Mrs Stone and me that she talks to. I think she has one friend her age." I said and Nat mumbled something in agreement.

"Thor?" She asked and I shook my head.

"He comes around for birthdays and holidays. He isn't coping very well, if at all." I told Nat and she seemed to understand. Thor had come around on special holidays and whenever it was Gersemis or I's birthday so he still cared but it was like he couldn't stay for long before he couldn't cope. He needed more help than I could give him.

"Auntie Tasha, where are we going?" Semi asked and skipped back towards us.

"We are going to find Steve and his friends," Nat replied and Semi got all happy. She started calling out for 'Uncle Steve' to show himself. We finally found them sitting in a living room sort of building. Steve, Rhodey, Nebula, Carol, a depressed Thor, a half hulk half Bruce, an angry and annoyed Clint and then Nat all stood in the room and they were just standing there. A man I vaguely knew as Scott came into the room eating a sandwich. For a moment I looked for Thor but I soon saw him drinking something and sitting in the corner.

I noticed Gersemi run over to what looked like a teddy bear but it wasn't. It was Rocket.

Rocket smiled and they hugged quickly. They liked each other but they didn't see each other in person often as he was normally out on missions with Nebula.

"Where's Tony?" I asked as I sat down on the lounge. Everyone else was standing waiting for someone else to speak.

"We asked him and he said no. That's why we asked you. We needed someone else and you were last on our list. Because of Gersemi and that you have nobody else to really care for her while you're gone. Plus you're, um, the youngest option," Steve said and I nodded. It made sense. Last time I had been in this building I had yelled at them that I was no longer an Avenger and I wasn't but if they needed me this badly I was willing to help. "We need your help to defeat Thanos," Steve said and I glared at Bruce, he hadn't told me we would be fighting, let alone Thanos.

"No, It will put Semi in that much danger and I'm not doing that," I answered and stood up. I was willing to help them but not at the cost of my daughter's safety. I was ready to go home and take my daughter back to the safety of my cottage. They all tried to stop me by saying things that we could do to save everyone.

Nat knew what to say. "We could bring back Peter," Nat said and I froze. I turned and glared at her for her words. "It's true. I know you don't like talking about him to us but we could bring him back." Nat added and I growled softly.

I growled again and contemplated what Nat had said. "Getting Peter back is important but if anything, and I mean anything, happens to my daughter, I walk," I said and everyone agreed on that fact. "Now, take me to Tony so I can loop him into this crap," I added and Steve agreed to let me try and get Tony.

"Let's go," Steve said and I followed him to a car with Gersemi in my arms. 

Published: 18.12.2022